Shark Rotator TruePet Lift Away Reviews: The NV752 has great design and functionality– you get three vacuums in one. Click on the link to read more…
|Our rating: 3.8/5
In this review, we are featuring the Shark Rotator TruePet Powered Lift-Away (NV752) vacuum. This vacuum is a versatile tool—you essentially get three vacuums in one! This vacuum functions as an upright, lift-away pod, and canister. Do we think this 3-in-1 vac is worth one a perfect rating? Continue reading to find out if this Shark is the vacuum you’ve been looking for.
Features of the Shark Rotator TruePet Powered Lift-Away Vacuum:
The Shark Rotator TruePet Vacuum has the following notable features:
- Three-in-one vacuums:
- Lift-Away mode—allows you to reach under low furniture or spaces
- Canister mode with caddy—for easy above-the-floor cleaning
- Upright mode—clean your floors with a powerful upright with motorized brush
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- Washable Filters
- Never Loses Suction Technology
- Wand with LED lights to help you see better
The vacuum comes with the following attachments:
- Hard Floor Genie attachment with washable microfiber pad
- TruePet Mini-Motorized Brush Attachment
- 2-in-1 Dusting Genie
- Pet Upholstery Tool
- Dusting Brush
- The dimensions of the Shark Rotator TruePet are: 35 x 15.4 x 12.8 inches
- The vacuum weighs 26.3 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The NV752 is a bagless vacuum.
- The vacuum’s cord is 30 feet long.
The Shark Rotator TruePet NV752 is a multi-surface cleaning tool.
- Three height settings—You can choose from three settings using the “surface selector” control panel on your vacuum. The settings are:
- Thick Carpet/Area Rug—the best setting for high pile carpets, area rugs, and specialty carpets. If the vacuum is hard to push or pull while cleaning, adjust the setting to the Thick Carpet/Area Rug mode. This setting uses low suction with the motorized brush.
- Carpet/Low Pile—this is the default setting and is the best mode for low pile carpet and other normal carpet types. This setting uses high suction with the motorized brush.
- Hard Floor—use this setting when you are cleaning hard/bare floors or when you use any of the attachments. This setting uses high suction while the motorized brush is switched off.
- Three-in-one vacuum—you can use the vacuum in three different ways, depending on which area or surface you are cleaning.
- Upright Mode—this is the default mode of the vacuum. You can use it in upright mode when you are cleaning the floor in a wide and open space.
- Canister with Caddy Mode*—you can use this mode when you are cleaning above-the-floor or when you want to do targeted cleaning in corners or crevices.
- Lift-Away Mode*—you can use this mode when you need to clean under low furniture or above-the-floor cleaning.
- Hard Floor Genie—this attachment picks up large debris and wipes away fine dust from your hard floor. Make sure that the setting is on “Hard Floor” when you clean bare floors.
- TruePet Mini Motorized Brush—if you have furry friends at home, you probably need to vacuum a lot. This attachment helps you pick up pet hair, loose debris and dander from your upholstered furniture, carpets, and other surfaces. The attachment is equipped with a motorized brush that is designed to lift stubborn pet hair.
- Other attachments—The other attachments that come with the vacuum are handy when you need to do targeted cleaning in areas such as crevices, the top of your shelves, upholstery and curtains.
*In Canister and Lift-Away Modes, you can use the wand or the hose. The motorized brush nozzle is still activated when using the wand.
To see the Shark Rotator NV752 in action, watch this video from the manufacturer:
Caring for your vacuum can add more months or years to its usable life. No matter how great your vacuum is, it still requires human care for it to function properly. Here are some things you can do to sustain the optimal performance level of your vacuum.
- Empty the dust cup often. Every time you use the vacuum, empty the dust cup. When the dust cup is filled beyond the maximum line, the suction power of your vacuum may be affected.
- Clean your filters. You have three different filters inside the Shark Rotator TruePet that you need to check and clean once in a while:
- Foam Filter—rinse every three months
- Felt Filter—rinse every three months
- HEPA Filter—rinse once a year
To learn more about proper maintenance, see the user manual of the NV752.
This vacuum comes with a seven-year limited warranty from Euro-Pro. The warranty on this vacuum is quite long at seven years. Most vacuums we’ve reviewed on this site have one-, two- or five-year warranties.
This vacuum has received some reviews. Most of the reviews gave this vacuum a very high or moderately high rating. We went through the Shark Rotator TruePet Lift Away reviews to find out what other purchasers are saying about this product. We summarized some of the positive and critical reviews for you to consider:
- Conveniently gets under low furniture. The lift-away mode plus the swivel technology allows you to get under low furniture and easily navigate tight corners or spaces.
- Very powerful suction. The vacuum has very powerful suction. This has got to be one of the most repeated positive comment about the vacuum.
- Surprisingly quiet. Despite having great suction power, the vacuum is quiet. It does not emit a high-pitched shrill or a loud grating sound. You won’t need earplugs or noise canceling headphones to use this one.
Important Critical Reviews
- A bit heavy. The vacuum is not for those who cannot lift heavy objects. Some people also mentioned that you need to have a strong arm when you use this vacuum. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great functionality. The way the vacuum works and the many ways you can use it makes the NV752 an all-around cleaning tool. You don’t have to buy a separate stick or hand vacuum just to clean specific areas in the home.
- Intuitive and smart design. The switches are all in the right places and the attachments are easy to use. The vacuum head swivels to help you turn. These elements show that the TruePet Rotator Lift-Away is designed well.
- No cord rewind. In our opinion, a vacuum in this price level should at least have an automatic cord winder. The cord on this vacuum is 30-feet long (which is great) and it would be more convenient if you could push a button and the cord will wind itself.
- Not the most affordable choice. This vacuum is not in the affordable price range. The price of the vacuum will only be a “con” if the budget was an issue. If you have a few hundred bucks extra to spare, then the price would not be an issue for you. If you’ll be stretching your budget to get this, just think that it’s still cheaper than a Dyson.
Should You Buy?
Shark Rotator TruePet Powered Lift-Away NV752 is one of our favorite Shark vacuums. Not all Sharks impressed us, but this one did. It seems like Shark really thought this one out, and they came out with a vacuum that is designed well. Plus, we like the fact that we get three vacuums in one! The price is not exactly “cheap” but you’re getting three vacuums in one so you can consider it a bargain.
Note: There are some models in the Powered Lift-Away line that has been recalled by Shark. The wand on some of the models tends to break and can cause electric shock in some instances. The Shark Rotator TruePet Powered Lift-Away (NV752) is not one of the models that were issued a recall order. Nonetheless, we advise those who will purchase this vacuum to monitor for the same conditions and to report to the manufacturer any irregularities.