Hoover Air BH50140 Review: The Cordless 3.0 Series is great for vacuuming on the go but its’s not built for heavy duty use. Click here to learn more …
|Our rating: 3.8/5
Do you want a vacuum that allows you to move freely across the room without the restriction of a cord? If you are looking for a vacuum without a cord, you should read about the Hoover we are featuring in this review. The Hoover Air Cordless 3.0 Series BH50140 is a lightweight, battery-operated vacuum that is designed for convenient cordless cleaning. Read the review below to learn more about the Hoover Air Cordless 3.0.
Features of the Hoover Air Cordless 3.0 Series BH50140
The Hoover Air BH50140 has the following notable features:
- Lithium Life Battery Technology
- Battery Level Indicator
- Exclusive WindTunnel 3 Technology
- LED Headlights
- 1.05-liter dust cup
- Easy Rinse Filters
The BH50140 has the following tools and accessories:
- 2-in-1 dusting and crevice tool
- Pivoting dusting brush
- Hard floor brush roll
- One extra filter
- The dimensions of the Hoover BH50140 are: 10 x 11.5 x 44 inches
- The vacuum is lightweight: only 9.9 pounds!
- The cleaning path of the BH50140 is 9.25 inches wide.
Bag and Cord Type
- This vacuum does not require a bag.
- The BH50140 does not have a cord!
As Hoover claims, this vacuum is built for multi-floor cleaning. The Hoover Air Cordless BH50140 has a motorized brush that is designed to lift dirt from the surface. Hoover recommends leaving the brush roll active on all surfaces except for delicate and polished floors. If you want to switch off the brush roll, all you need to do is push a button located at the top of the vacuum. To use the accessories, set the handle in upright position, pull out the hose and attach the wand. When the vacuum is on upright position, the brush roll is automatically disabled. With all of these things, you can use this cordless Hoover to clean bare floors, carpeted floors and pretty much every other nook in the house.
How much cleaning time does the BH50140 give you? According to Hoover, the two lithium-ion batteries are built to give you 50 minutes of cleaning time. It only takes about 3 hours to charge each of the batteries fully. You wouldn’t have to wait half a day just to finish cleaning the house if you ran out of battery in the middle of the task. Another good thing about the Hoover BH50140 is you can leave the batteries on the charger even after they are fully charged. You don’t have to worry about setting an alarm on your phone just to remove the battery from the charging station.
To learn more about the Hoover Air Cordless 3.0 and how it works, watch this video from Hoover:
Easy Rinse Filters are exactly what the name suggests—filters that are easy to rinse. Hoover recommends that you clean the round pre-motor filter every 4 to 6 uses or as needed. All you have to do is put the filter under running water for about two minutes. Dry the filter for 24 hours before putting it back in the slot. Hoover also recommends that you brush the core of the vacuum using the 2-in-1 accessory.
Make sure to empty the dirt cup every time you use the vacuum. If the cup becomes full, and you are not yet done vacuuming, stop and clean it out first.
The Hoover BH50140 Cordless 3.0 comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
The vacuum has hundreds of reviews. A lot of the reviews are positive ones. We read the Hoover Air BH50140 reviews, both good and bad, to see what purchasers have said about the vacuum. Here’s a summary of some of the comments we think you should take note of:
- Lightweight, easy to use, cleans well. Several users like the Hoover Air Cordless 3.0 because it is lightweight, portable and easy to use. The vacuum is easy to carry around and is easy to steer across the floor. Apart from being easy to operate, many purchasers noted that they are happy with the cleaning performance of the BH50140.
Important Critical Reviews
- Accessories could be better, issues with the rotating brush. There are some users who lamented the quality of the accessories that come with the vacuum. It’s not the first time that users complained that the accessories on their Hoover vacuum are simple and inadequate. There are also some reviews that mentioned problems with the rotating brush. Some said that it was difficult to remove pet hair that was tangled in the brush. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great for those on the go. This cordless vacuum is great for those who don’t have the luxury to pull out a regular vacuum, unwind the cord, vacuum, wind the cord, and store the vacuum. The Hoover Air BH50140 doesn’t require too much time on your part. All you have to do is take it out from storage, switch it on, and you’re good to go! The best part, really, is that you don’t have to wind a cord after you vacuum (we know you agree).
- Good for small homes. The vacuum is battery operated and can run for approximately 50 minutes with the two batteries. If you have a big space to clean, it might be better to have a corded vacuum since you don’t want to run out of juice in the middle of a cleaning spree.
- Issues with the rotating brush. If you do end up buying this vacuum, it would be best that you monitor the rotating brush for any damages.
- It’s plastic. The vacuum is not built for heavy-duty use. It would be wise to exercise a bit of caution when you use it. Don’t go lugging it down the stairs or throwing it on the floor. The lithium-ion batteries on the vacuum have a 5-year life expectancy. It would be great if the vacuum unit can last that long too.
Should You Buy?
If you are looking for a cordless and lightweight vacuum, the Hoover Air Cordless 3.0 Series BH50140 is a good choice. The vacuum performs well enough and is pretty reliable. It’s great for small homes or if you need a separate vacuum to use for days when you don’t really need to embark on a cleaning marathon. If you’re looking for cordless convenience, try this vacuum out.