Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501 reviews: This vacuum is great at sucking up dirt and pet hair but topples easily. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 4.7/5
When you think of buying a vacuum, you usually have to choose from different vacuum types. Usually, you choose between upright, canister and handheld. Wouldn’t it be nice to have all these in one vacuum so that you don’t have to have one of each? If you like a 3-in-1 vacuum, we encourage you to read more about the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away (NV501) Vacuum. It can be used in three different ways: Upright, Lift-Away, and Canister. Read on below to see if this vacuum is a great match for you.
Features of the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away NV501
The Shark NV501 Rotator Professional Lift-Away has the following notable features:
- Shark’s Never Loses Suction Technology
- Extra-large dust cup with Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology and washable HEPA filters
- Swivel steering mechanism for better maneuverability
- Motorized rotating brush can be switched off for bare floor cleaning
- Three vacuum types in one: Upright, Lift-Away, and Canister
The vacuum comes with the following useful accessories:
- Dusting Brush
- 12-inch Crevice Tool
- Canister Caddy
- Premium Pet Power Brush
- Wide Pet Upholstery Tool
- Straight Suction Nozzle
- The dimensions of the vacuum cleaner are: 15 x 11.5 x 33.8 inches
- The vacuum weighs 15.8 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Shark NV501 is bagless.
- The vacuum has a 30-foot long power cord.
The Shark NV501 Rotator Upright Vacuum is designed for multiple types of surfaces. The vacuum can clean both carpeted and bare floors. Since the rotating brush can be switched off, the vacuum can efficiently clean bare floors as well.
The vacuum comes with a set of useful tools that are designed for targeted cleaning. The Flexi Crevice Tool makes it easier for you to clean baseboards, ceilings, corners and other hard-to-reach areas. The Wide Upholstery Tool is designed to remove effectively pet hair from the upholstery of your furniture, curtains or other delicate materials. The Upholstery Tool can also be used for picking up other large debris.
As we mentioned in the Features section of the review, the vacuum can be used three different ways: Upright, Lift-Away, and Canister. Being able to convert the vacuum allows for easy use in different areas of the house. The Lift-Away mode allows you to hold the vacuum and easily clean your carpeted stairs. The Canister mode will help you clean hard-to-reach areas using the Straight Suction Nozzle or other attachments. The vacuum also comes with a canister caddy for hassle-free mobility.
The Shark Professional NV501 has a recommended cleaning schedule for your filters:
- Foam Filter: Every three (3) months
- Felt Filter: Every three (3) months
- HEPA Filter: Every twelve (12) months
It is best for your vacuum’s performance if you clean the dust cup after every use or whenever it is filled to the maximum level. It is also good to check the hose and tubes for any blockages. Make sure to clean the bottom of the floor nozzle and to remove any hair or debris caught in the brush roll.
This vacuum is covered by a Euro-Pro 5-year limited warranty.
The Shark NV501 Pro Rotator Upright Vacuum has a couple of thousands of reviews online. More than half of all the reviews gave this vacuum a perfect rating. Only a small portion of the total reviews gave the vacuum a less than decent rating. We believe that it is important to see what other consumers think of the household appliances you buy. After all, these tools are considered investments that you would want to last for a long time. Here’s a summary of some of the important comments we read:
- Great at sucking up dirt and pet hair. The vacuum is known for its good suction power.
- Good price point. While it might be more expensive than some of the vacuums we’ve featured here on Vacuum Groom, we still think that the Shark Pro NV501 is a good buy. The power, performance and attachments that come with the vacuum more than compensate for the price you pay. A lot of people compare it to a Dyson vacuum and rave that you can get the Shark is less than half the price. If you can afford a Dyson, good for you. But if you don’t have the budget to spend good money on a vacuum, the NV501 will do just a good a job in cleaning your floor.
- You can switch off the brush roll. When using the vacuum to clean bare floors, it’s better to have the rotating brush deactivated. The vacuum has a switch that shuts off the brush roll so that you can efficiently clean your bare floors. Some vacuums do not have this feature, and it makes bare floor cleaning a bit tricky.
Important Critical Reviews:
- The vacuum topples easily when used in upright mode. Since the vacuum is light, some users said that in the upright setting, the vacuum easily topples over with just a little tug on the hose. Many did say, however, that when you use the vacuum in canister mode, the caddy makes it stable, and you won’t have to worry about it hitting your leg.
- It’s not exactly handsome. The Shark Rotator NV501 could use a lot of help in the looks department. The aesthetics are a minor aspect but some people just felt like pointing out that Shark could have done a better job in making the vacuum look good … and we agree. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Long power cord. We love a long power cord. A short cord just ends up stressing you out when you figure that you have to transfer power outlets too many times in one cleaning session. The 30-foot cord on this vacuum sure makes us happy.
- Powerful and efficient. We read so many reviews that praised the power and efficiency of this vacuum. It can get dirt and pet hair that has been lodged deep in the carpet. In fact, a lot of users said that they were embarrassed to see how much dirt the vacuum picked up from the floor. There’s no question that this vacuum can do a good job in cleaning your floors.
- Versatile. You can do many things with the Shark Rotator Pro Lift-Away. The 3-in-1 design, as well as the nifty attachments that come with it make this vacuum an all-star cleaner.
- No automatic cord winder. We love the 30-foot cord but we wish this vacuum had an automatic cord retractor. It’s not a big deal but it would be a convenient feature to have in a vacuum.
- The vacuum can tip over easily on upright mode. When you are using the attachments while on upright mode, the vacuum can be a bit unstable. We recommend using it in canister mode for more stability.
Should You Buy?
The Shark NV501 Rotator Professional Lift-Away Vacuum is a great all-star tool to have at home. With a few simple maneuvers, you can switch from Upright to Lift-Away to Canister mode. You essentially have three vacuums in one! Some say that Shark vacuums are hit or miss. Not all the vacuums Shark came up with are well-loved. We think the NV501 falls in the “well-loved” category. The vacuum is powerful, efficient and versatile. It may not be the best-looking model out there, but it can very well be your best partner in cleaning your floors.