Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro Reviews: This vacuum cleaner has a great price and suction power, but can electric shock you. Click here to learn more …
|Our Rating: 4.5/5
Are you looking for a vacuum that has enough suction power? You might want to take a look at the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum. This vacuum is bagless and comes with a 30-foot cord. It is one of the most reviewed upright vacuums by customers.
We took the time to find out what the Shark Navigator Lift-Away has to offer and if it’s worth all the good reviews online. Continue reading to see what we learned about the Shark Navigator Lift-Away.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum has the following notable features:
- Never Loses Suction technology;
- Suction control;
- Swivel Steering;
- Large capacity canister;
- Brush roll feature that can be turned on/off;
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away comes with a set of useful accessories. These accessories are stored in an accessory holder. If you do not need to use the accessories, you can remove the holder to make the vacuum lighter. The accessories that come with this product are:
- Dust-Away hard floor attachment
- Dusting Brush
- Premium pet power brush
- 8-inch crevice tool
- Lifetime HEPA Filter
- The dimensions of the vacuum cleaner are: 15.4 x 11.6 x 27 inches
- The cleaning path of the Shark Navigator is 9.5 inches.
- The vacuum weighs 14 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Shark Navigator Lift-Away does not have a bag. The vacuum has a dirt canister instead. The vacuum has a good-sized dirt bin that has a 0.55-gallon capacity.
- The vacuum has a 30-foot cord that can help you cover a lot of ground without having to switch electrical sockets. If you want to compare the Shark Navigator Lift-Away to a cordless vacuum, you can check out our review of the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Vacuum is designed for both carpet and bare-floor cleaning. You can easily switch from carpet to bare-floor cleaning by turning off the brush roll function and attaching the Dust-Away hard floor accessory.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away also has a suction control function that can allow you to adjust the power of the suction. When you need to vacuum high pile carpets or other delicate material, you can use the suction control switch to select the appropriate suction power.
You only need to do a few things to maintain the Shark Navigator vacuum. After each use, you need to empty the dust cup. It is also recommended that you wash the filters every three months. Hang the filters to dry after washing. Proper care and maintenance can prolong the life of your vacuum. It is highly recommended that you follow the prescribed maintenance measures for your vacuum.
This Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro has a Euro-Pro Five-Year (5) Limited Warranty. The warranty that Shark offers is long coverage considering that other vacuums only have a one- or two-year limited warranty period.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright has several thousands of customer reviews. Way more than half of all the reviews gave this vacuum a perfect rating.
- Affordable Price. For the suction power and capacity of the vacuum, the price tag that comes with it is not bad. Some other brands like the Dyson can cost more than double of the price of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away. Dyson vacuums are very good but if you don’t have the budget for it yet, the Shark Navigator can be a good option to consider.
- Great suction power. Numerous reviews rave about the suction power of the Shark Navigator. The vacuum sucks dirt so well that some people were a bit shocked when they saw the contents of the dustbin. The vacuum cleans the carpet very well and sucks up a ton of dirt that you didn’t know existed!
Important Critical Reviews:
- The vacuum tips over easily. The fact that the vacuum is top heavy might not be a big issue for some, but it’s something that other people consider. The Shark Navigator tends to tip over even with a light pull of the hose. Picking up the vacuum repeatedly or worse having it fall on you is not a pleasant thing. There are also complaints about the vacuum being difficult to maneuver. The swivel doesn’t seem to work to the benefit of the user.
- Poor customer service. The Shark Navigator has an appealing 5-year limited warranty. However, some people say that dealing with customer service is not as appealing. As reported by some users, Shark’s customer service is not that great. One user reported that Shark wanted him to mail the complete vacuum unit across the country. There were also complaints about parts not being shipped and having to call back repeatedly.
- Incidents of shock. More than one user has mentioned an episode of electric shock in their review. The units they got might be defective, but it is still a genuine concern. Some of those who reported electric shock got a response from Shark that it was static electricity that caused the shock. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great Price. The Shark Navigator is relatively cheaper than most of the vacuums that have the same functionality. If budget is a concern, the price of the Shark Navigator is a good reason to consider it.
- Great Suction Power. The Shark Navigator Lift-Away is powerful, and it can suck the dirt out of your carpet effectively. The vacuum can get the dirt that other less powerful vacuums cannot suck up. With this baby, you will be looking at cleaner carpets.
- It Tips Over Easily. Having a vacuum that tips over at the slightest nudge can be annoying. You can also hurt yourself if it falls on you.
- Electric Shock Scare. It is kind of unsettling that more than one person has experienced electric shock from this vacuum. Shark hasn’t been ordered to recall the vacuum, and it seems that not too many of those who have the vacuum have experienced an electric shock. If you want to be extra cautious, you might want to look into this first before you purchase a unit.
Should You Buy?
Electric shock reports aside, we think that the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum is a powerful cleaning tool to have at home. The vacuum indeed sucks away an astonishing amount of dirt from your carpet floors. If you want something that can clean well, this is a good vacuum to consider.
We are not too happy about the fact that it tips over easily, but you can probably figure a way to get around the flaw in weight distribution. We would recommend this vacuum to those with money to spare who are looking for a good vacuum.