Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 review: This vacuum is versatile and powerful but it has no height adjustment. Click here to read why we are not impressed …
|Our Rating: 4.6/5
Look, it’s a Shark! Not the frightening sea creature but the dust sucking surface surfer. The Shark brand is known for their vacuums and their attention-grabbing commercials. We’ve reviewed the Shark Rotator Professional Lift-Away, Shark Navigator Freestyle and the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional. We liked the Rotator Professional and were okay with the other two. Will the Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 impress us? Read on to find out more about the NV352.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 has the following notable features:
- Shark’s Never Lose Suction technology
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal + HEPA
- Swivel steering design
- Large capacity dust cup
This vacuum has the following accessories:
- Crevice Tool
- Dusting brush
- Small pet hair power brush
- The dimensions of the vacuum are: 15.4 x 11.6 x 25.6 inches
- The vacuum weighs around 19 pounds. The weight of the vacuum might be too heavy for some people.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Shark Navigator Lift Away NV352 is a bagless vacuum.
- The Cord of the NV352 is 25 feet long.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 Vacuum Cleaner can clean both hard surfaces and carpets. You can adjust the suction power of the vacuum by rotating the collar on the handle. You can increase or decrease the suction power, depending on what surface you are cleaning. If you find it hard to push or pull the vacuum on carpeted surfaces, turn the collar 90 degrees counter clockwise to release the valve. When vacuuming bare or hard floors, make sure that the release valve is closed by turning the collar clockwise.
This vacuum is a Lift-Away, meaning you can remove the canister from the base and carry it with you as you move around the house. The Lift-Away option gives you more mobility around the house. It also allows you better access to tight spaces.
The crevice tool, dusting brush, and turbo brush are tools that you can use for targeted cleaning. You can use the crevice tool to clean corners, nooks, and other areas that are hard to reach with the vacuum head. The dusting brush can be used on the surface of furniture or other delicate materials such as curtains. The Turbo Brush can be used to dislodge debris and hair from the carpet. All in all, the functionality and accessories of the Shark Navigator NV352 make it a tool that you can use for multiple surfaces.
Shark recommends the following maintenance schedule for your vacuum:
- Dustbin should be emptied whenever you vacuum.
- Rinse and air dry the pre-motor foam filter every three months (normal use).
- Rinse and air dry the pre-motor felt filter every three months (normal use).
- Clean (DO NOT RINSE) the post-motor HEPA filter once every two years or as needed.
The Shark Navigator NV352 Vacuum has a 5-year warranty from Euro-Pro. At five years, the warranty coverage is longer than most vacuums.
This vacuum has more than a thousand reviews online. A big chunk of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV352 reviews gave this vacuum a perfect rating. If you’d like to know what other users are saying about this vacuum, read our summary of comments that we think deserve your attention:
- Repeated Rave: Versatile and powerful. We read a lot of reviews that praised the Shark for its versatile design and powerful suction. A lot of people like the Lift-Away design since it gives them the freedom to move around with the canister and hose. Many users also complemented the suction power of the Shark and were very happy with the way it cleans the floor.
- Critical Comments: No height adjustment, tips over easily on upright mode. One of the negative traits of the vacuum is the absence of a manual height adjustment option. Some people prefer to adjust the height of the vacuum themselves because automatic height adjusting vacuums sometimes can’t adequately adjust to high-pile carpet. The only option you have on this vacuum is to lessen the suction power by opening the release valve. (Read more customer reviews here)
- 2-in-1 vacuum. You’re getting a handheld canister and an upright vacuum for the price of one.
- Good suction power. The vacuum doesn’t seem to have a problem sucking up dirt—something that it’s supposed to do. It’s not making us run for the hills screaming “All hail shark” but it sucks … good.
- Tips over easily. When you’re using the hose while the vacuum is in upright mode, you’ll find that a light tug can send the unit falling on your leg.
- No height adjustment. The vacuum would have been better with manual height adjustment functions.
Should You Buy?
Oh, Shark. You have so much potential. But we have to say that this isn’t quite the vacuum that would “wow” us. You might be thinking, “What are they talking about? It’s a low priced vacuum. You can’t expect a Maserati when you paid for a Toyota.” Well, let’s put it this way: we feel like we paid for a mid-tier Toyota but got the cheaper base model. At this price range, we don’t expect stellar, professional-level performance. But we do expect to feel that our money is working for us. Sadly, there are cheaper vacuums that can out-perform the Shark Navigator Professional Lift-Away NV352. Peace out, Shark! We hope that our next Shark review will end in a happier tone!