Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe review: The NV360 has good suction and many accessories, but it has no bumpers. Read more about it here …
|Our rating: 4.6/5
We’re reviewing another Shark! Today’s spotlight is on the Shark Navigator NV360 Lift-Away Deluxe. Not all Shark vacuums have impressed us, but a few have. The full review below will give you an idea if we liked the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360 or not.
- 1 Features of the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe NV360
- 2 Accessories
- 3 Dimensions
- 4 Bag and Cord Type
- 5 Cleaning Coverage
- 6 Product Care
- 7 Warranty
- 8 Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Review
- 9 Pros
- 10 Cons
- 11 Should You Buy?
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV360 has the following notable features:
- Never Loses Suction Technology
- Swivel Steering
- Portable Canister
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + HEPA
- Multi-surface function
- Large Capacity Bottom-Empty Dust Cup
- Brush Roll with On/Off Switch
- The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro NV360 has the following tools and attachments:
- Pet Hair Power Brush
- Dusting Brush
- Crevice Tool
- Under-Appliance Wand
- The dimensions of the vacuum are: 15 x 11.4 x 45.5 inches
- The weight of the vacuum is 16 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- This vacuum does not require a bag.
- The cord of the NV360 is 25 feet long.
The Shark Navigator Lift-Away NV360 Deluxe Upright Vacuum can be used on your bare floors or carpets. One of the good features of this vacuum is the switch that can start or stop the brush roll from rotating. When cleaning bare floors, it’s better to have the brush roll in stationary mode. If the brush roll is switched on, it can send some of the debris flying and make cleaning the surface even harder for you.
As for carpet cleaning, the Shark Navigator NV360 has a suction control feature. If you find it hard to move forward when vacuuming carpet floors, you need to rotate the suction release collar counterclockwise to open the valve. Adjust the suction power as you try vacuuming different carpet types: low pile, medium pile, high pile and plush.
One of the best features of the NV360 is the Lift-Away mode. You are essentially getting two types of vacuums when you buy the Shark Navigator NV360 Lift-Away Deluxe. You can use this Shark as an upright vacuum or as a lift-away/handheld vacuum. This feature comes in handy when you are vacuuming stairs or need to vacuum tight spaces where the normal vacuum head won’t fit.
Another great thing about this vacuum is it allows you to use the accessories on both upright and lift-away mode. The dual function makes it easy to clean higher places since you can use it on lift-away mode and raise the vacuum higher. The accessories that come with the Shark NV360 are a good selection:
- The pet power brush is designed to help you lift stubborn pet hair from your carpet. The tool does a good job in lifting the pet hair and allowing the vacuum to suck up the fallen hair of your pets.
- The crevice tool allows you to clean tricky areas, such as those with an angle or tight spaces that can’t be cleaned by the vacuum head.
- The dusting brush can be used to vacuum delicate surfaces or materials such as sheets and curtains. It can also be used to suck up the dust on top of your furniture. Shark recommends that you lessen the suction power of the vacuum when you are cleaning furniture or curtains to avoid damage to the fabric.
Shark recommends that you empty the dust cup every single time you use the vacuum. We suggest you heed this advice because it can prevent a lot of problems from surfacing. As for the pre-motor filters, it is recommended that you rinse and air dry them once every three months. If your usage of the vacuum is heavy, you might need to clean it more often than that. Your motor filter should be cleaned once every two years or as needed.
The Shark Navigator Lift Away NV 360 has a Euro Pro 5-year limited warranty.
This vacuum can be bought on various stores and has hundreds of user reviews. A big chunk of the customer reviews gave this vacuum a high rating. Only a small percentage of the reviews gave the vacuum a critical review. We took note of the important comments in the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe reviews and summarized them below for your consideration:
- Impressive suction. This vacuum is power packed. A lot of the reviews mention how great the suction power is. This vacuum sucks well, and it’s great that you can adjust the suction power by simply turning the collar.
- Great accessories. The vacuum comes with accessories that are useful and functional. They weren’t just thrown in there to make the package look like you got a lot of things. They work and do what they’re supposed to do!
Important Critical Reviews
- No bumper. One review brought to light a design flaw: the vacuum doesn’t have bumpers. It might not be a big deal for some but for those with homes that have a lot of wood, it might be an issue.
- Not built to last. A few reviews mentioned that the vacuum broke down on them after using it for a few months. Perhaps the vacuum is not made of the best materials.
- Great tools. The attachments that come with the vacuum can enhance your cleaning experience and make it easier for you to get rid of the dirt in your home. If you have pets, you’ll love the pet power brush that comes with this vacuum.
- Brush roll. The switch to turn off the brush roll is great. Not all vacuums with motorized brushes have this, and it can make cleaning bare floors a bit tricky.
- Questionable durability. We can’t confidently say that this Shark is built to last a long time. A lot of people are happy with it, but some regret that the vacuum shut down after a few months. We hope that this is just a usage problem or a case of defective products.
Should You Buy?
Well, surprisingly, we like the Shark Navigator NV360 Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum Cleaner. It’s not a high-tier vacuum from Shark, so we weren’t expecting much. But so far, we like what we see. The accessories are great, and it has a switch for the brush roll—things that some of the most expensive vacuums fail to give. At a modest price, this vacuum is moderately affordable and is probably a good investment if it can last several years with you!