Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless review: this vacuum is one of the best buys available but emptying the dirt can be messy. Read on to learn more.
|Our Rating: 3.9/5
You’ve probably heard of the brand Hoover. Your grandmother might even have a Hoover vacuum from the 50s stashed somewhere in her garage. There has got to be a reason Hoover vacuums are popular. In this review, we are taking a look at one of the affordable units from Hoover—the T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless UH70120 Upright Vacuum.
Does the T-Series live up to the Hoover reputation? Read on to find out what we learned about this vacuum.
Features of the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless UH70120 Upright Vacuum
The Hoover T-Series Rewind Plus has the following notable features:
- WindTunnel Technology
- Intuitive power control
- 8-foot stretch hose
- Five position height adjustment
- No-scuff bumper
- 27-inch retractable power cord
- Rinse-clean filter and permanent HEPA filter
- 13-1/2-inch nozzle width
The Hoover WindTunnel has the following accessories:
- Extension Wand
- Crevice Tool
- Upholstery/Dusting Brush
- Powered Hand Tool
- The dimensions of the vacuum cleaner are: 16 x 12 x 44 inches
- The nozzle width of the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series is 13-1/2 inches.
- The vacuum weighs 16.5 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The WindTunnel does not have a bag. The vacuum has a dirt canister instead. It has a good-sized dirt bin that has a 0.55-gallon capacity.
- This vacuum has a 25-foot retractable cord. To retract the cord, all you need to do is gently tap the pedal to allow the cord to retract inside the vacuum for neat storage. You can compare a retractable cord mechanism to cordless vacuums like the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum to see which type of feature is best for you.
The Hoover T-Series is equipped with a 5-position carpet height adjustment function. Different carpet piles require different suction force. The adjustment function allows you to change the setting that corresponds to your carpet’s height. If you have different carpet types around the house, the Hoover T-Series is a good choice for you.
The Hoover T-Series also comes with an Upholstery/Dusting Brush which can come in handy. If you are cleaning upholstery or dusting delicate curtains, it is good to have a special attachment to use for that purpose. Upholstery and other sensitive material can sometimes be damaged by a regular vacuum nozzle.
The Crevice Tool of the Hoover T-Series allows you to clean the corners and other angled areas in your house. The vacuum also comes with a 12-inch extension wand that can help you clean hard-to-reach areas. If you need to vacuum narrow areas where the vacuum won’t fit, the air-powered hand tool can help you get right on it.
The Hoover T-Series has a System Check Indicator that conveniently tells you when you need to clean or check the filter inside your vacuum. The System Check Indicator is a good thing to have since it prevents you from forgetting to clean or check the filter.
The filter used in the Hoover T-Series is washable.
This Hoover T-Series WindTunnel vacuum is covered by 2-year limited warranty.
The Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless vacuum has thousands of customer reviews. A lot of these reviews gave the WindTunnel the highest rating. Here are some of the important things we learned from reading the reviews:
- It works well. The suction power is great. More than one user has mentioned being embarrassed to see the contents of the dirt canister after vacuuming the floor. It really gets a lot of dirt out of the carpet, and your frequent emptying of the dirt canister will prove this.
- The cord retractor saves you from having to wind the cord yourself. Winding a 25-foot cord by hand every time you vacuum is not rocket science but it’s also something you wish you didn’t have to do. The cord retractor is well-loved by many users. More than one person has commented that he/she didn’t care for a cord retractor until they tried the one on the Hoover T-Series.
- Research online points to this vacuum as one of the best buys out there. A lot of those who submitted reviews mentioned that they bought the Hoover T-Series after doing some research online. This vacuum has been highly recommended for its good air-flow and the affordable price tag.
Important Critical Reviews:
- The brush roll cannot be deactivated. It is not wise to vacuum hard wood floors with a rolling brush. When you have bare floors, especially the hard-wood kind, it is best to have a vacuum that allows you to switch off the rotating brush. You can take a look at the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum—it has a switch that can turn the rotating brush on/off.
- No light. Having a light on the bottom of the vacuum can help when you are cleaning dark spaces. There are some users who wish this vacuum had a light but a lot of them also said it’s not that big of a deal.
- Emptying the bin can be a bit messy. Some users complained that the dirt canister makes a mess when you empty it. When you empty the canister, it is best to have a deep empty trash can. Empty the canister near the bottom of the trashcan to avoid scattering the contents. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Very affordable price. Many users have noted that the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel is a great buy. Other vacuums that have the same cleaning power are priced at a higher range.
- Great functionality. The Hoover WindTunnel has great air-flow and suction that can take out dirt that you didn’t know existed in your carpet. The retractable cord is also a great feature to have. You would not have to wind 25 feet of cord manually. The retraction mechanism allows the cord to be stored neatly in the vacuum.
- No On/Off switch for the brush roll. The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with One Pass has a similar problem. It can be difficult to clean bare floors when the brush continuously rolls. Having a suction-only function is best for bare floors like hardwood.
- No headlight. It would have been great to have a light incorporated into the design of this vacuum. A lot of user reviews noted this.
Should You Buy?
We think that the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Rewind Plus Bagless UH70120 is a vacuum worth checking out. For the price and the performance output, we think that it is a great buy. Hoover has been a household name for vacuums for a long time and the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel proves that the brand has not lost its mojo.
The T-Series is not perfect, and we recommend that everyone who buys this keeps in mind that it is a budget vacuum but it does its job well, and a lot of people like it. The Hoover T-Series is one of our top picks for affordable upright vacuums.