Eureka Airspeed One AS2113A review: this vacuum cleaner is lightweight and very affordable, but it can be too noisy at times. Click here to learn more …
|Our Rating: 3.7/5
Are you looking for an affordable vacuum? In this review, we are featuring an affordable vacuum: the Eureka AirSpeed One Bagless Vacuum (AS2113A). Read on below to see what we here at Vacuum Groom learned about this vacuum.
Features of the Vacuum
The Eureka AirSpeed One AS2113A has the following notable features:
- AirSpeed Technology that is designed for efficient air flow through the vacuum. The vacuum path has limited bends and turns that shorten the distance the dirt has to travel. All in all, this technology is designed to maximize the suction power of the vacuum.
- Washable filters allow for easy and cost-efficient maintenance.
- 5-height adjustment settings for the efficient cleaning of different carpet types.
- Low-profile nozzle for easy cleaning under furniture.
- 13-inch cleaning path for good cleaning path coverage.
- Scuff-resistant guard to avoid scratches, dents or paint scuffs on your furniture and baseboards.
The Eureka AirSpeed One has the following accessories:
- Crevice Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Extension Wand
- The dimensions of the vacuum are 13 x 12.5 x 43 inches.
- The vacuum weighs 8 pounds. The Eureka AS ONE (AS2113A) is relatively light compared to other vacuums
- The nozzle provides ample cleaning path width at 13 inches.
Bag and Cord Type
- The vacuum is bagless.
- The cord of the vacuum measures 19 feet. We prefer to have a cord that is 25-30 feet for hassle-free cleaning since you would not have to keep on switching electric sockets. If the area you’ll vacuum is small, the cord length might not pose a problem for you. If you have a wider space to vacuum, say a very large and open living room, you might prefer something with a longer cord.
Cleaning Coverage and Capacity
The Eureka AS2113A can be used on multiple types of surfaces. The vacuum is equipped with 5-height adjustment settings that allow you to clean bare floors to high-pile carpets. You should note, though, that the rotating brush of the vacuum cannot be switched off. Therefore, it is not the best tool for delicate bare floors such as hardwood.
You can also switch to the “tools” setting when using the accessories. The accessories that come with the vacuum allow you to clean crevices, corners, and other tight spaces. You can also use the accessories to spot-clean on carpets or your furniture.
The capacity of the dust cup of this vacuum is 1.25 dry quartz. The size of the dust cup is not the biggest out there, but it’s not something you need to worry about.
The AS2113A cannot be used on wet surfaces. The cleaning capacity of this vacuum is limited to dry pick-up.
The Eureka AirSpeed One Bagless Vacuum comes with an easy-to-understand manual that outlines everything you need to know about care and maintenance of the unit. Mostly, all you have to do is empty the dust cup every time you use it. It is also advisable to clean the filter inside the dust cup periodically. Make sure to air dry the filter for about 24 hours before placing it back inside the dust cup.
The user manual of the vacuum has detailed instructions (with photos) on replacing the vacuum belt. The instructions are straight-forward and simple, but the steps might be challenging for someone who is not used to tinkering with household appliances. Good thing Eureka has an instructional video that could help you navigate your way inside the machine. Scan the QR code that’s located in the user manual to watch the video.
The AirSpeed One vacuum is covered by 1-year limited warranty.
The Eureka AirSpeed One has hundreds of customer reviews. The majority of the reviews this vacuum received gave it the highest rating. We scanned the reviews and summarized the important comments for you to consider:
- Good suction power. Even some of the critical reviews rave about the good suction power of this vacuum. The vacuum is good at picking up dirt and can clean very well. Some users mentioned in their reviews that they were astounded by the amount of dirt the vacuum picked up from the floor.
- Very light weight. The vacuum is only 8 pounds and is easy to handle. While some users find that it is too light that it feels cheap already, we think that a light vacuum is a good thing especially for those who are not allowed to lift heavy things.
Important Critical Reviews:
- The rotating brush cannot be switched off. The vacuum is not recommended for hardwood floors because the brush can scratch the surface.
- The vacuum is too noisy for some. A user went as far as ordering noise-canceling headphones so that he can use the vacuum without being bothered by the noise. Another user mentioned that her husband saw their neighbors close their windows when she started vacuuming. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Lightweight. The Eureka AirSpeed One AS2113A is very light! The vacuum weighs 8 pounds only and it’s very easy to lift it. A lightweight vacuum is best for those who have back problems or other physical conditions that prohibit heavy lifting.
- Very affordable. This vacuum is one of the most affordable bagless upright vacuums out there. Though it is not the most popular choice, this vacuum does what it needs to do and is available to you at a very low price. If you have a tight budget, the Eureka AirSpeed One might be a good choice for you.
- Short cord. We prefer a vacuum with a longer hose for the simple reason that it makes cleaning big areas easier. A short cord means you might have to transfer to a different power source now and then. If you only need to vacuum a small area in your home, the short cord should not be a problem. If you want a vacuum with a long cord, you can check out the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Pro.
- No filter indicator. Other vacuums like the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Vacuum have light indicators to let you know whether you need to replace, check or clean the vacuum filter. We think that an indicator is a good feature to have since it helps you better care for your vacuum. Proper maintenance and care make a big difference in the usable lifespan of your household appliances.
- Noisy. There are many reviews that mentioned how noisy this vacuum can be. If you are particular about noise, this might be something you should consider before buying this vacuum.
Should You Buy?
If you are not too worried about the noise, this vacuum allegedly makes, the Eureka AirSpeed One AS2113A is a good vacuum to try out. If you have a new place and want an inexpensive yet functional vacuum, this vacuum is one of the units you can consider. It’s affordable, and it has great suction power. If you need something that’s simple, affordable and can clean well, this might be the vacuum for you.