Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind review: this upright vacuum cleaner has great suction power but a rather short hose. Click here to learn more …
|Our Rating: 3.8/5
The Hoover brand is one of the pillars of the vacuum cleaner industry. Since the early 1900s, Hoover has been producing revolutionary suction sweepers (a.k.a vacuums) that have evolved into a well-loved household appliance. In this review, we are featuring one of Hoover’s vacuums: the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum (UH70210). In another review, we featured the T-Series Rewind Plus (UH70120) and is one of our top picks for a budget upright vacuum
If you are looking for a vacuum that can help you pick up pet hair, the Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 might be the vacuum for you! Continue reading to see what we learned about the Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 and if this vacuum could be a top contender.
Note: To avoid confusion with the other T-Series models, we will refer to this vacuum as “Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210” in this review. Please note that even the model numbers can be confusing. The keyword that distinguished this vacuum from its fellow T-Series pals is “Pet Rewind”.
Features of the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 has the following notable features:
- Automatic Cord Rewind
- Brush Roll Shut-Off
- System Check Indicator that tells you if you need to clean or check your HEPA, Carbon or Rinseable filters
- Fold Down Handle feature that makes it easy to store in small spaces
- Headlight that allows you to see better when vacuuming dark spaces
- No-scuff Bumper to avoid messing up the paint job around the house
- 5-position Carpet Height Adjustment
- Patented WindTunnel Technology
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 has the following accessories:
- 8-foot Stretch Hose
- 12-inch Extension Wand
- Crevice Tool
- Easy-to-clean Air-Powered Pet Hand Tool
- The dimensions of the vacuum are 16 x 12 x 32.5 inches.
- The vacuum weighs 17.8 pounds.
- The nozzle width is a good size at 13.5 inches.
Bag and Cord Type
- The vacuum is bagless. The dirt that is picked up by the vacuum is filtered and deposited into the dirt cup.
- The cord of the vacuum measures feet 25 feet. One of our favorite features of this vacuum is the cord rewind system. With a tap of your foot, the 25-foot long cord will automatically retract and be stored neatly inside the vacuum unit. No need to wind the cord by hand! Trust us when we say that the cord retractor is a convenient thing to have.
Cleaning Coverage and Capacity
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind is designed for multi-surface cleaning. The special thing about this vacuum is its special tools that are designed to pick up pet hair. The rotating brush combined with the dual cyclonic air system of this Hoover vacuum allows for efficient pick-up of pet hair from the floor.
The vacuum also comes with an Air-Powered Pet Hand Tool that you can use to pick up pet hair from carpeted stairs or upholstered furniture. The attachment has rubber blades that do a great job in lifting hair from the surface so that the vacuum can suck it up.
You can also use this vacuum on different carpet types thanks to the 5-height adjustor. You can choose the appropriate height setting for low, medium and high carpet piles.
The vacuum can also be used on bare floors or hardwood surfaces. The 5-height adjustor includes a setting for bare floors and hard surfaces. We also like the fact that you can switch off the rotating brush so that you won’t make a bigger mess when cleaning bare floors.
The manual height adjuster is easy to use: you just have to push down and turn the knob that is located in the middle of the vacuum head unit.
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 is equipped with a system check indicator. We like vacuums that have this feature because it alerts you when you need to change or check your filters. Proper maintenance of filters can prolong the usable life of your vacuum.
When the system light is red, you might need to do one or all of three things: 1) clean the rinseable filter or the HEPA filter, 2) empty the dirt cup and 3) check the hose or brush roll for clogging.
Cleaning the rinseable filter is easy. All you need to do is hold the filter under running water for about 2 minutes and squeeze occasionally. After rinsing under water, squeeze the filter again to remove any excess water. The filter needs to dry completely before installing again. The drying time can take up to 24 hours.
The HEPA filter is not rinseable. To clean it, you simply tap the filter against a trash bin to remove any excess debris.
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 vacuum is covered by 2-year limited warranty.
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 has thousands of reviews. It is one of the most popular upright vacuums in the market, and many people have made detailed reviews about it online. We skimmed through the reviews and highlighted some of the comments that we think are important:
- Good suction power. The Pet Rewind has a lot of power. It can suck a lot of dirt out of your carpet. A lot of the reviews rave about the cleaning power of this vacuum and its ability to lift away pet hair from the surface that you are tidying up.
- Low price. The Pet Rewind is affordable compared to the other pet-specific vacuums out there. The price of this vacuum makes it attractive to many people because who wouldn’t want to save hundreds of dollars right? We saw a couple of reviews that said that for the price, this vacuum holds its end of the bargain.
- Convenient cord retractor. Not having to wrap 25 feet or cord by hand is a great feeling. Just a tap of your foot on the pedal makes the cord zip inside the vacuum. Just make sure you stand clear of the vacuum’s cord when you activate the retractor.
Important Critical Reviews:
- The hose is short. You do not get the maximum length of 8 feet. A verified purchase user of this vacuum reported that around 3 feet of the hose are permanently wrapped around the body, leaving you with about 5 feet to work with when vacuuming. A lot of the positive reviews usually mention a few cons and the short hose is usually the reason they couldn’t give the vacuum a full-star rating.
- The handle design is not too good. Many users commented that the handle feels cheap (well it is plastic) and is flimsy. It seems like quite some people who use this can’t get a good grip on the vacuum. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Cord retractor makes things easier. We said this about the Hoover T-Series Rewind Plus, and we’ll also say this about the Pet Rewind! Though it’s a minor feature of the vacuum, it is still a good thing to have.
- Powerful suction. Even some of the critical reviews we read mentioned that they concede that this vacuum has great suction power.
- Brush rotation can be switched off. Unlike the T-Series Rewind Plus, the Pet Rewind has a switch that allows you to disable brush rotation. When cleaning bare floors, it is best to have the vacuum on suction mode only so that the mess you’re cleaning up won’t be scattered as you go along.
- The hose could be longer. The hose on the Pet Series is too short. It can be a little difficult to clean your house efficiently when the hose of your vacuum is too short. If you want to improve on the hose situation, you would have to buy a separate extender.
- Reports of overheating. We saw some reports that the vacuum overheats. Not too many reviews mentioned this, but we think that whoever buys this vacuum should pay close attention.
Should You Buy?
The Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind UH70210 is affordable and has great suction power. We think that these are good enough reasons to give this vacuum a try. We know that having adorable furry friends at home could also mean a ton of pet hair to clean.
We think that the Hoover T-Series Pet Rewind can do a good job in helping you clean out all the pet hair embedded in your carpet and bare floor surfaces. We think that this is another good and affordable vacuum from Hoover.