Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS reviews: this bagged vacuum is lightweight and has a long cord, but it lacks accessories. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 4.7/5|
Chances are you’ve heard of Oreck. It’s a popular American household brand that has made many powerful and efficient tools. In this review, we are featuring one of Oreck’s vacuums: the Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum (XL2100RHS). Read on below to see if this vacuum is a great tool to have in your home.
Features of the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS
The Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum has the following notable features:
- Unique Helping Hand handle design that received an Ease Of Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation. The power switch of the vacuum is located on the handle that allows for easy access and usage
- The 12-inch wide brush that rotates at 6500 RPM, making it an effective tool for picking up debris, dirt, and pet hair from the surface
- Low profile vacuum head that can help you reach under furniture
- No scuff bumpers to prevent any damage to your baseboards and furniture
- Side edge brushes for more effective cleaning
- Uses high-capacity bags that can contain 11 quarts of dirt
The Oreck Commercial does not come with extra cleaning tools like other vacuums. It does, however, come with one fresh air scent tab, a standard filtration bag, and a replacement belt.
- The dimensions of the vacuum are 6 x 13 x 35 inches
- The vacuum is very light, weighing only 8.2 pounds
- The vacuum’s cleaning path is 12 inches wide
Bag and Cord Type
This Oreck is a bagged vacuum. The Oreck XL2100RHS uses disposable paper filter dust bags.
This vacuum has a long power cord—35 feet. The long cord makes this vacuum suitable for commercial use and cleaning large, open spaces. As for us, anything under 20 feet makes us wish for a longer cord. The cord of the Oreck is right up our alley.
Cleaning Coverage and Capacity
The Oreck has Microsweep technology that allows you to switch easily from carpet to bare floor functionality. To switch from one type of surface to another, you do not need to make any complicated adjustments or modifications to the vacuum.
As with other vacuums that have rotating brushes, caution should be exercised when vacuuming sensitive floors such as hardwood. The rotating brush might scratch the hardwood, and it is best that you clean such floors based on the recommendation of your hardwood floor provider. This Oreck vacuum reportedly works great on hardwood floors, but we still recommend that you take extra caution.
The vacuum also has a low-profile head design that allows you to get under your furniture with ease. The vacuum can be used flat, making it easy for you to reach under beds, couches or tables that have a 6-inch vertical clearance.
The vacuum has a high-capacity dust bag. It can take in about 11 quarts of dirt before it is filled. The high volume capacity of this vacuum makes it suitable for both home and commercial use.
The XL2100RHS uses disposable paper filter dust bags. The disposable bags are designed to trap dirt as well as allow for efficient air flow through the vacuum. Oreck recommends that you change the dust bag frequently. A clogged dust bag will prevent the vacuum from performing well.
The vacuum comes with a spare belt stored in the baseplate of the cleaner. When the belt is stretched or cut, you need to replace it since the revolving brush will slow down or cease to work.
Oreck recommends that you check for and remove excess lint, string or hair from the brush of the vacuum.
This vacuum is covered by 1-year limited warranty.
The Oreck has many reviews online. Most of the reviews gave this vacuum a great rating. Here are some of the important things we read in the Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS reviews section:
- Lightweight. The vacuum weighs 8 pounds, very light and easy to carry. It is great for those who cannot lift heavy things. Despite being light, the vacuum packs power and is great at sucking up dirt from your floors. This vacuum proves that lightweight doesn’t equate to low power.
- Efficient and powerful. The vacuum is easy to use, and it does a good job of cleaning. It can even pick up pet hair and other debris from your floors, which means you do not need to buy a separate specialized tool to carry out such task
- Folds down and flattens. The vacuum folds down easily, making it an effective tool for cleaning under your furniture
- Long cord and large capacity bag. The 35-foot power cord makes it easy to clean big areas without having to transfer power outlets often. The large capacity bag allows you to clean many rooms before having to empty it out. These two factors combined make this Oreck vacuum a good tool for both home and commercial use
- The vacuum does not have a hose. Some people prefer to have a hose to clean narrow and deep spaces that are hard to reach. Though this vacuum can flatten, making it easy to clean under furniture with a 6-inch clearance, having a hose is still convenient for other nooks and crannies.
- No accessories. Sometimes the bells and whistles that come with the vacuum make it easier to clean different areas of the house. Having a crevice, upholstery or brush attachment can help you get to areas that are otherwise difficult to reach by just using the vacuum head. Those who want specific attachments won’t be too happy with this Oreck vacuum’s lack of extra tools.
Should You Buy?
Oreck has been making many households happy for decades. We think that the Oreck Commercial Upright Vacuum XL2100RHS is another quality product from them. It is powerful, lightweight and has a large-capacity bag. All in all, we think that this vacuum is a good purchase.