Hoover WindTunnel Max UH30600 reviews: This vacuum is good for low-pile carpet but not for high-pile carpet. Click here to learn more …
|Our rating: 3.7/5
In this review, we’re featuring an upright and bagged vacuum from Hoover—the Hoover WindTunnel MAX UH30600 Vacuum Cleaner. The vacuum has a very high rating. If you prefer a bagged vacuum over bagless units, you should check this one out.
Features of the Hoover WindTunnel MAX UH30600
The Hoover WindTunnel MAX UH30600 has the following notable features:
- WindTunnel MAX Technology
- Wide cleaning nozzle
- Pedal switch that shuts off or turns on the brush
- Automatic brush deactivation when the vacuum is in the upright/tool position
- 17 feet reach for above-the-floor cleaning
- Seven-floor settings for optimal cleaning on almost all surface types
- Clean Drop bag system and performance indicator
- Intuitive power controls—right at your fingertips
The Hoover WindTunnel MAX has several accessories on board:
- Air-powered hand tool
- 12-inch crevice tool
- Dusting brush
- Telescoping Extension Wand
- The dimensions of the Hoover UH30600 are: 16 x 12.3 x 32.6 inches
- The vacuum weighs 15 pounds.
- The cleaning nozzle is a bit wide at 15 inches.
Bag and Cord Type
- The MAX UH30600 requires a bag. You can purchase HEPA Filter Bags for this vacuum.
- The vacuum has a long 30-foot power cord.
The Hoover WindTunnel UH30600 has seven height settings. It can be used on multiple carpet heights and different types of hard floors.
The vacuum has a foot switch for the brush roll. If you clean bare floor or carpet that is more than an inch deep, it is better to deactivate the brush and operate on suction-only.
Aside from the brush, you can also manually adjust the height of the vacuum head for better performance on different surface types. All you have to do is turn the knob that is located on top of the vacuum head. The lowest setting is best for bare floors. The second height setting is optimal for most carpet heights. The higher settings are for deep pile carpets and shags. If you want to lessen the suction to be able to push the vacuum with more ease on a carpet, you can choose one of the higher settings.
The vacuum also comes with on-board tools that help with targeted cleaning. We enumerated the attachments and their corresponding uses below:
- Dusting brush—upholstered furniture, draperies, mattresses, carpeted stairs and clothing
- Air-Powered Hand Tool—upholstered furniture, mattresses, carpeted stairs and clothing
- Crevice Tool—tight spaces, corners, dresser drawers, baseboards, etc.
Overall, this vacuum is a multi-use tool that can come in handy when you have a mix-surfaced home. The tools are also good to have for more precise cleaning.
To keep your vacuum performing at its best, you need to know when to change the bag. When the dirt in the bag reaches the dotted line, you need to change the bag. The Hoover UH30600 WindTunnel MAX Upright Vacuum has a performance indicator that helps you take better care of your vacuum. When the indicator light turns red, it can mean three things:
- The bag is full. If this is the case, you need to change the bag.
- The vacuum picked up fine particles that have clogged the bag pores. If this is the case, you need to change the bag.
- There is a blockage in the nozzle, hose, tools or bag opening. If this is the case, you need to remove the blockage.
You can buy HEPA Filter Bags from online stores.
It’s easy to dispose of the bag and there’s no need to worry about touching the dirt inside. The vacuum has a clean drop bag system that minimizes your contact with any dust or dirt that was picked up the vacuum. Simply push up the door release latch with your thumb and pull the handle forward to remove the vacuum door. The bag is attached to the door. Carry the door over a trash bin and push on the red lever. The bag should drop into the trash bag once you press the red lever.
You should also look out for your filters. There are two filters in your vacuum: the Secondary Filter and the Final Filter. Check your Secondary Filter and Final Filter once in a while to see if it’s dirty. To clean, just place the filter under cold, running water. Dry the filter for at least 24 hours before you place it back inside the vacuum.
The UH30600 comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
The UH30600 has hundreds of reviews. The reviews are mixed—some praise this vacuum and some dislike it. We think it is important that you weigh these reviews before you purchase a home appliance. Here are some Hoover WindTunnel MAX UH30600 reviews from people who had purchased it that we think you should know. These aren’t copied verbatim and are instead summarized by us.
- Good design. The power switch is right at your fingertips. The switch for the brush is on the bottom of the vacuum and can easily be tapped by your foot.
- Good suction. The vacuum picks up dirt well. The downside of a great bagged vacuum cleaner is that you have to change your bags often. If you ask us, it’s a good “problem” to have because it means dirt is being sucked out of your floors!
- Manual height adjustment. The height adjustment feature allows you to take control of the suction power.
Important Critical Reviews
- Good for low-pile carpet but maybe not for high-pile. Some users reported that they had a hard time pushing the vacuum on deep pile carpets. We think, however, that this is a problem with most vacuums that have excellent suction.
- The powered hand tool keeps on falling. The storage for the tools could have been better, but this is a minor problem.
- It feels “cheap”. Some purchasers feel that the vacuum won’t last long because of the plastic construction. Most vacuums in this price range are mostly made of plastic parts. We think that extra care in using the vacuum can make it last a long time. (Read more customer reviews here)
- The length of the cord is great. You don’t need to change outlets too often when cleaning a big area.
- The suction is strong. This vacuum can lift a lot of dirt from your floors.
- The switch for the brush roll is a good feature. We like that you can control the brush and decide when you want it to be on or off.
- No auto cord rewind. The long cord is great, but we wish it could automatically wind when you’re done cleaning. This issue is minor, though, and we’re probably just acting like spoiled brats.
- Bagged means you have to buy bags. The downside to bagged vacuums is that you have to buy bags often. Buying bags translates to more cost, compared to a bagless vacuum.
Should You Buy?
We like the Hoover UH30600 WindTunnel MAX Bagged Upright Vacuum. It’s a good bagged vacuum and is a straight-forward, no-nonsense cleaner. It’s easy to use, and it does a great job at getting rid of the dirt on your floor. With a modest price tag, we can’t complain either. We think this another good and budget-friendly vacuum from Hoover.