Hoover WindTunnel Air UH70400 reviews: This vacuum is lightweight and has great suction but limited attachments. Click here to read more …
|Our rating: 3.9/5
We’ve got another Hoover in our hands. The WindTunnel we are featuring today is the UH70400. It’s a bagless, lightweight and upright vacuum in the Under 200 category. If you are looking for an affordable, light, and relatively small vacuum, you should take a look at the Hoover WindTunnel Air Bagless Upright Vacuum UH70400. Continue reading to see what we like about this vacuum.
Features of the Hoover WindTunnel Air UH70400
The Hoover WindTunnel Air UH70400 has the following notable features:
- WindTunnel Technology
- Brush shuts off when placed in upright position
- Multi-cyclonic filtration
- Rinsable filter
- Easy release handle for quick attachment of the hose
- Carry handle for easy lifting
- No scuff bumper to protect your furniture and baseboards
- Full flat recline to go under low furniture
The Hoover WindTunnel UH70400 Upright Vacuum doesn’t come with many attachments. The unit only has a few attachments: a 3-in-1 combination tool (dusting, crevice, and upholstery), a 30-inch extension wand, and an 8-foot stair hose. Hoover is not big on a lot of freebie attachments—something that many Hoover owners wish was different. If you want extra tools, you need to purchase them. We recommend having a Power Hand Tool to assist in cleaning stairs, upholstery, car interiors, and furniture.
- The dimensions of the Hoover Air UH70400 are: 14.5 x 12 x 32.5 inches
- The vacuum is lightweight at 12 pounds.
- The cleaning path of the Hoover Air BH50140 is 11 inches wide.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Hoover Air Vacuum UH70400 is bagless. The vacuumed dirt goes directly into the dirt cup. You can empty the dirt cup with just a press of a button.
- The UH70400 has a 30-foot power cord. The length of the cord on the vacuum gives you more coverage. You can clean one or two rooms without having to plug into a different outlet often.
The Hoover WindTunnel UH70400 is designed for multi-surface use. Let’s start with basic floor cleaning. The vacuum is primarily designed for carpet cleaning. It has a motorized brush that digs into the carpet to lift any embedded dirt. The brush automatically turns on when the handle is leaned back. The vacuum can be used to clean different carpet heights—low, medium, high. The vacuum adjusts the height automatically. If you are cleaning high-pile carpet or a shag, we recommend that you test the vacuum in a corner or hidden area first. It’s possible that the vacuum might not be able to make a sufficient height adjustment. If the high pile carpet is too close to the vacuum head, the fibers can be damaged.
The vacuum can be used on bare floors as well. However, we recommend using the regular vacuum head on non-sensitive floors only. The brushroll does not shut off unless the vacuum is in the upright position. If you need to clean sensitive floors (like hardwood), it might be better to place the vacuum in upright mode, attach the hose and use the attachments.
As we mentioned previously, the vacuum comes with a 3-in-1 tool, an extension wand, and a hose. The 3-in-1 tool functions as a cleaner for your crevice, upholstery and dusting brush. You can use the 3-in-1 tool along with the extension wand and hose to clean areas that are above the floor. For instance, you can use the extension wand to reach high places like the top of a shelf or your ceiling fan. You can purchase a powered hand tool to help you clean
To learn more about this Hoover vacuum, watch the video below:
Do you want you and your vacuum to have a long-term relationship? Of course you do. If you want your vacuum to stick with you for as long as it can, you need to take care of it too. Hoover recommends that you clean the dirt cup as often as possible. At the very least, do not let the dirt reach the max fill line before you empty the cup. The dirt cup is easy to empty—all you have to do is release the cup from the vacuum unit, hold it over a trash bin and press the lever to open the bottom door.
Aside from emptying the dirt cup, you also need to take care of the filters inside your vacuum. You have two types of filters to look out for: the rinsable filter and the HEPA media. To clean the rinsable filter, simply hold it under running water. You can purchase these washable filters as well. As for the filter with HEPA media, all you need to do is tap it on the side of trash bin until all the dirt falls off. For detailed instructions on care and maintenance, read the manual that comes with your Hoover vacuum.
The Hoover UH70400 comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
The UH70400 has more than a thousand reviews. The vacuum has more positive feedback than critical reviews. Around half of all reviews gave the vacuum a high rating. We took note of some of the Hoover WindTunnel Air UH70400 reviews and summarized them here for you.
- Great suction, lightweight, long cord. The vacuum was repeatedly praised for its good suction power. Despite being lightweight, more than one verified purchaser has noted that the vacuum doesn’t feel flimsy. There are also a lot of users who love the long cord on this thing. Overall, it seems that there are a lot of purchasers who are happy with this vacuum.
Important Critical Reviews
- Hose design. Most of the critical reviews focused on the hose connection. It seems that many purchasers experienced the hose falling off from where it is supposed to be connected. They say that the hose is not properly glued in. One user, however, explained that there should be grooves on the connection, and you just need to twist it in properly. We’re not sure if it’s defective design or defective units that caused this problem. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Lightweight and easy to use. The vacuum is lightweight and is easy to maneuver. This vacuum is great for people who have a hard time using heavy vacuums or self-propelled ones.
- Long cord. Not all vacuums come with a 30-foot power cord. The extra length on vacuums such as this one makes a big difference when it comes to hassle-free cleaning.
- Not the best for high pile or shags. The vacuum adjusts the height of the head automatically. It seems that it cannot adjust well to high-pile carpet or shags. It’s better to use this vacuum for low to medium pile carpets.
- Limited attachments. The Hoover does not come with too many attachments. You need to buy other special attachments if you need them.
Should You Buy?
The Hoover WindTunnel Air Vacuum UH70400 left a good impression. Aside from the issues with the hose, we think that this vacuum is a good one. It has good suction, is easy to use, and the price doesn’t break the bank. Before you make a decision, we encourage you to read our reviews of other Hoover vacuums. Happy hunting!