Hoover WindTunneal Air Steerable Upright Vacuum Reviews: This vacuum has excellent suction but no manual height adjustment. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 3.8/5
We’ve got another Hoover, ladies, and gentlemen. The Hoover brand is well-known across the globe for a reason: it was the brand that made people realize how convenient it is to have a vacuum! Hoover has stood the test of time and is still a well-loved brand by many.
In this review, we’re taking a look at the Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable UH72400 Upright Vacuum. Will it be better or worse than the other Hoover vacuums we’ve reviewed on this site? Continue reading to find out if we think this vacuum is worth buying.
Features of the Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable Vacuum
The Hoover Air Steerable Upright Vacuum has the following notable features:
- Hoover’s exclusive WindTunnel 3 Technology
- Steerable Technology designed to make it easier to turn and swivel the vacuum
- Motorized Brushroll with on/off switches for better multi-surface cleaning
- Reusable, easy-rinse filter
- Bottom-release dirt cup
- 30-foot power cord
- 14-foot above-the-floor cleaning reach
This vacuum comes with a 2-in-1 crevice/dust tool and an extension wand. It doesn’t have any other accessories.
- The dimensions of the Hoover UH72400 are: 14.5 x 12.5 x 44.2 inches
- The vacuum weighs 13 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable Vacuum is bagless. The dirt collected by the vacuum is deposited to a bottom-release dirt cup.
- The vacuum has a long power cord—30 feet. A long cord like this will make it easier to clean bigger areas, lessening the need to transfer from one outlet to another.
The Hoover WindTunnel Air Upright Vacuum is designed for both carpeted floors and bare floors. One of the features we like in this Hoover vacuum is the switch that can start or stop the motorized brush roll. It can be difficult to clean bare floors when the brush of the vacuum continues to rotate. It’s better to have a steady brush so that the vacuum operates on suction-only mode. Sometimes the rotating brush can send the debris or dirt flying, creating another mess instead of cleaning it. Since you can deactivate the brush or turn it on with a simple press of a button, transitioning from one type of floor to another is easy.
The vacuum also has a 2-in-1 crevice and brush tool that you can use for spot cleaning. You can use this attachment for areas that are hard to reach. The vacuum’s profile is quite low, making it easy to vacuum under low furniture such as the coffee table in your living room.
The Hoover Air is designed to be easily maneuvered. If you find yourself vacuuming tight spaces or need to make sharp turns, the Hoover Air will follow the twist of your wrist. The steering technology used in this vacuum makes it easier to clean all areas of the house, saving you time and energy.
Here’s an instructional video by Hoover:
The Hoover WindTunnel Air Vacuum comes with a bottom-release dirt cup. Make sure to empty the dirt cup before it reaches the Max Fill line. Emptying the dirt cup frequently and as instructed will sustain the suction power of your vacuum.
Under normal use, Hoover recommends that you clean the filters every two months. You have two filters to look out for: the rinsable filter and the HEPA filter. Cleaning the rinsable filter is easy: simply place the filter under running water. Hold it there until the water runs clear. Squeeze any excess water and dry the filter for 24 hours before installing in the vacuum again. As for the HEPA filter, you only need to tap the excess dirt out over a trash bin. You should not rinse the HEPA Filter.
The vacuum has a 5-year limited warranty from Hoover.
This vacuum has more than a thousand reviews. A significant amount of the Hoover WindTunnel Air Steerable reviews gave it a perfect rating. If you want to know what some users are saying about this vacuum, read below:
- Repeated Raves: Excellent suction, great price, easy to use, lightweight. These are some of the repeated positive comments on the Hoover UH72400. The vacuum can suck a lot of dirt from the floor whether carpet or bare floor. The suction is impressive especially if you consider how much you’re paying for it. You won’t have to shell out an amount that could be a down payment for a car. The vacuum is very easy to use. A lot of those who reviewed the vacuum like that it’s easy to transition from bare floor to carpet or vice versa. Lastly, a lot of purchasers love that the vacuum is so light. It makes vacuuming less cumbersome.
- Critical Comments: No manual height adjustment. This vacuum has automatic height adjustment and a switch to shut off the brush roll that makes it good for transitioning from carpet to bare floor. However, the manual’s auto-height adjustment doesn’t seem to work adequately enough to avoid snagging on high-pile carpet or shags. It works great with low-pile carpet, though. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Good suction power. The Hoover UH72400 can clean very well. It sucks a lot of dirt from the carpet and does a good job cleaning bare floors.
- Brush roll switch. It’s good that you can switch off the brush roll in this vacuum unit. When the brush roll is switched off, the vacuum can suck in more dirt from bare floors.
- Manual height adjustment might be better. The vacuum doesn’t work well with high-pile and lose-pile carpets. The suction is strong, but the vacuum doesn’t adjust adequately to the height of the carpet. If you only have low pile carpet and bare floors to clean, you shouldn’t have a problem.
Should You Buy?
The Hoover Air Steerable Bagless Upright Vacuum UH72400 is a good and affordable vacuum to have. We don’t see any reason we shouldn’t recommend this vacuum. The price is great, performance is good and using it is a breeze. If you have high-pile carpet, you should probably research on a vacuum with good height adjustment. For those with bare floors and low-pile carpets, this vacuum should do the trick!