Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum review: this cordless vacuum works great, but it takes hours to charge the battery. Read this article to learn more.
|Our Rating: 4.5/5
Do you want a vacuum that does not require a cord to be plugged to a power source? If the answer is yes, you might want to take a look at the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum. This vacuum is one of the most popular ones out there. Thousands of people have written reviews for this vacuum online. Read on below to see if the Hoover Linx is as good as they say.
Features of the Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum has the following notable features:
- Cordless and bagless stick vacuum design;
- WindTunnel Technology;
- Interchangeable 18-volt lithium ion battery;
- Cyclonic Filtration Edge cleaning bristles;
- Motorized power brush that can be conveniently switched off for bare-floor cleaning;
- 11-inch wide nozzle;
- Auto height adjustment; and
- Battery fuel gauge.
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum does not come with accessories or other attachments. The auto-height adjustment, low profile base and edge cleaning bristles features will allow you to reach under furniture or target edges.
- The dimensions of the vacuum cleaner are: 11 x 8 x 42 inches
- The vacuum weighs around 7 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum is bagless. The dirt that the vacuum sucks up is deposited in the dirt bin.
- The Hoover Linx is battery operated. Hence, it does not have a cord.
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum can be used on both carpeted and bare floors. Unlike the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum, the rolling brush feature of the Hoover Linx can be switched off with a press of a button. When the brush is switched off, the vacuum only operates the suction feature. You don’t have to worry about the brush pushing away the dirt and debris on hardwood floors.
The Hoover Linx Stick Vacuum is easy to clean and maintain.
- Bottom Release Dirt Cup. The dirt tank of the Hoover Linx is designed to let you see when the dirt cup is almost full. The bottom release mechanism makes it easy for you to empty the dirt cup. All you need to do is press the release switch to open the dirt bin from the bottom.
- Washable and replaceable filter. The Hoover Linx filter can be washed easily.
This vacuum has a two-year limited vacuum warranty and a two-year limited battery/charger warranty. The two-year limited warranty on this vacuum is good considering that some products only offer a one-year warranty.
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum has thousands of customer reviews. The majority of the reviews gave a the vacuum a perfect rating.
- Many users rave about the function in the Hoover that allows you to switch off the brush roller. With the brush roller off, the vacuum can efficiently clean bare floors.
- The vacuum works well. The suction power is good, and it cleans efficiently. The vacuum is great for quick clean ups. It was mentioned numerous times though that if you are a heavy vacuum user, the Hoover Linx might not be the best choice.
Important Critical Reviews:
It only comes with one battery and the charger only has one slot for the battery. The battery that comes with the Hoover Linx is okay and not phenomenal. If you are a neat freak and prefer to do a thorough sweep of the house, one fully-charged battery might not be enough.
Since this vacuum only has one battery, you would have to wait for hours for the battery to reload before you can continue vacuuming. Some users wish that the vacuum came with two batteries and a charger that can hold two batteries.
The battery cannot be stored in the charger. More than one user review has mentioned that the battery died after storing it in the charger. The Hoover manual does not explicitly state this fact. If you intend to buy this vacuum, remember not to store the battery in the charging unit. It is okay to leave the battery charging overnight but leaving it on the charging station for long periods of time can ruin the battery (Read more customer reviews here)
- Works great. The Hoover Linx has good suction power and works well. Many user reviews will tell you that this vacuum is a joy to have.
- Cordless. The Hoover Linx doesn’t limit your coverage. You’re not tied down by a cord. You can move up and down the stairs without having to worry about the power source.
- Brush rotation can be switched off. When you need to clean a bare floor, a rotating brush can make your task harder to accomplish. The rolling brush can push debris away and send them flying in different directions. Good thing the Hoover Linx has a brush that can be switched off.
- You might need to consider buying an extra battery. The battery performance of the Hoover Linx is not stellar. There are some users who bought an extra battery so that they don’t end up having to wait for several hours before they resume cleaning. Having an extra battery is also advisable for those who like to take their sweet time cleaning the floor. If you are a one-pass kind of girl or guy, the battery might work fine, and you shouldn’t be worried.
- Not built for deep cleaning. If you are looking for a tool that you can use for deep cleaning your carpet, you might need to consider buying something else. The Hoover Linx works well, but it is not built for deep cleaning.
Should You Buy?
The Hoover Linx has many good things going for it. First, the price is great! For an affordable price compared to other vacuums, you can have an efficient vacuum in your home. Second, it functions well. The suction power is good, and the switch that allows you to turn off the rotating brush is awesome.
If you are not particular about having fancy accessories and attachment, then the Hoover Linx will not disappoint. This vacuum is well-loved for a reason. Though there are some critical reviews out there (hey, you can’t please everyone right?), we don’t see any reason the Hoover Linx is not a good tool to have at home.