Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagged review: The U6485900 has powerful and consistent suction but has a short hose. Click here to read more…
|Our rating: 3.8/5
In this review, we are featuring one of Hoover’s popular bagged models. We tried to learn all that we can about this vacuum and summarized the good and the bad below. Continue reading this Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagged review to find out if it’s the vacuum you have been looking for.
Features of the Hoover Anniversary Self-Propelled Bagged Vacuum:
The Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Upright has the following notable features:
- WindTunnel Technology
- DirtFinder System
- Bag check indicator
- HEPA media bag
- Non-marring wheels
- Ergonomic D-grip handle
- 3-position height adjustment
The vacuum has several accessories on board:
- Two extension wands
- Crevice Tool
- Upholstery Tool
- Dusting Brush
- Air Powered Hand Tool
- The dimensions of the Hoover Anniversary U6485900 are: 16.2 x 8.8 x 39.4 inches
- The Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel weighs 20.2 pounds.
Bag and Cord Type
- The vacuum requires a bag. You can purchase filter bags from the manufacturer or other third-party vendors.
- The vacuum has a long 29-foot power cord.
The Hoover Anniversary Windtunnel Self-propelled Upright is a multi-surface cleaning tool. The vacuum has some features that help you clean more efficiently:
- Three Carpet Height Adjustment. The vacuum has three height settings. The low setting is good for all types of carpet. If you are cleaning deep pile carpet, and it’s difficult to push the vacuum, you should change the setting to high.
- Brushroll Control. Some vacuums have motorized brushrolls that are always switched on. The Anniversary WindTunnel U6485900 has manual brush control. It’s best to have the brushroll on when you are cleaning carpets. The brush works to lift any dirt that is stuck at the bottom. If you need to vacuum hard floors, it’s better to have the brushroll switched off. The vacuum will be able to suck the dirt from bare floors better when the brushroll is stationary. The switch feature is great because you can vacuum any surface more efficiently.
- Self-Propelled. The vacuum has a forward and reverse direction self-propelling mechanism. It should be easier to maneuver the vacuum across the floor. There’s no need to push the vacuum hard especially when cleaning carpets. You can also switch the feature off if you are vacuuming tight spaces.
- Dirt Finder. Sometimes you’re not sure whether there’s still dirt left on the floor. So you keep on vacuuming just to be sure. The Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel has a DirtFinder sensor that turns green when the vacuum is not sucking any dirt from the floor anymore. You do not have to waste any time going over the same area.
- The vacuum has a headlight that allows you to see better when vacuuming dark corners or areas under furniture.
- Long hose and Onboard Accessories. The hose is 7-feet long and gives you great reach. The vacuum also has great onboard accessories that are great for spot cleaning. The following accessories can help with many hard-to-clean areas:
- Air-Powered Hand Tool
- Crevice Tool
- Upholstery Tool
- Dusting Brush
- 2 Extension Wands
In order to prolong the life of your vacuum, you must take care of it well. Here are some things you can do to care for your vacuum:
- Change the filter bag every time the dirt reaches the dotted line. The indicator will turn red when the bag is filled. If you run out of filter bags, you can buy new HEPA Filter Bags from online stores.
- Check on your filters now and then. You have two types of filter in the vacuum: secondary and final. Both filter types can be washed.
This vacuum comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
The vacuum has more than a thousand reviews online. We went through the Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagged Upright reviews and picked out some of the comments that we think are important. Here are some summaries of positive and critical reviews:
- Powerful and consistent suction. There are a lot of reviews that praise the suction of this vacuum. There are some reviews that were updated a couple of years after saying that the power of the vacuum has not diminished.
- The self-propel feature is great for open spaces. The self-propel feature makes it easier to vacuum especially in wide open spaces. When you are cleaning tight spaces, it’s better to have the self-propel feature off.
Important Critical Reviews
- The vacuum is quite powerful. Hence, it is a little loud. Some reviews mentioned that this vacuum is noisy but tolerable.
- Hose not long enough. More than one review mentioned how the vacuum is too short. If the hose of the vacuum was better designed, some people said they would have given the vacuum a higher rating. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great suction. The vacuum has great suction and picks up well. As long as you replace the bags when it is full or when you vacuum fine particles, the suction of this vacuum remains strong.
- Great price for great performance. This vacuum has a great price. The Hoover Anniversary Wind Tunnel performs well.
- If you have sensitive ears, this vacuum might give you a headache. But the noise is not a big deal, and a pair of earplugs should do the trick.
Should You Buy?
Great performance, good reviews, low price. We like this vacuum from Hoover. We think that it’s a good buy and with proper care and maintenance, it should last you more than a couple of years. The Anniversary WindTunnel Upright Self-Propelled Bagged (U6485900) is another quality vacuum from Hoover. We’re not sure if it will last as long as the good ‘ol Hoover models, but we’re confident that this vacuum will do a great job in helping you clean the house.