Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum reviews: This well-known vacuum brand has great suction but is too strong for plush carpets. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 4.7/5
Dyson is a very popular vacuum brand. You would often hear people compare vacuums they’ve tried out to a Dyson. The brand is known to produce vacuum units that are in the higher price range. Aside from the price tag, Dyson is also known for vacuums that perform very well.
In this review, we are taking a look at the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum. Like most Dyson vacuums, this vacuum has a higher price range compared to other uprights from Hoover, Bissell, Dirt Devil or Shark. We tried to learn as much as we can on the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum to see if the higher price tag is worth it.
Features of the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor has the following notable features:
- Radial Root Cyclone technology—Dyson’s trademark vacuum technology
- Self-adjusting cleaner head—for efficient cleaning in both carpeted and bare floors
- Ball technology that helps you steer into difficult areas with just a turn of the wrist
- Whole-machine HEPA filtration
- Instant release wand design for easier transition to clean hard-to-reach areas
- Hygienic bin emptying—one push of a button will release the dirt from the bottom of the bin
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum box also has a stair tool and combination dust/crevice tool inside. We like extra tools, and we think Dyson could do a bit better in this area.
- The dimensions of this vacuum are: 42.4 x 13.4 x 15.4 inches
- The vacuum unit weighs 17.3 pounds which is not too heavy but can’t be considered lightweight.
Bag and Cord Type
- This Dyson Ball Multi Floor Plus is bagless. It is fitted with a dirt bin that is easy to empty so that none of the dirt you just cleaned will end up back on the floor or, worse, on you.
- The Dyson has a 30”foot power cord. The cord is long and will allow you to vacuum a big area without having to switch power outlets. The hose and extension wand will give this vacuum a maximum reach of 45 feet.
This upright vacuum can clean multiple surfaces. It has a self-adjusting cleaner head that lowers or lifts the vacuum above the floor, depending on what type of surface you are cleaning. For maximum suction power, the vacuum needs to be as close to the floor as possible. A big gap will result in loss of suction power. The Dyson Ball does all the thinking and adjusting for you. All you need to do is choose which floor to clean!
The power cord of the Dyson is 30 feet which means you can cover a lot of room without having to transfer to a different socket. The vacuum also has an instant high-reach wand that releases the hose and extension without any hassle. The vacuum also comes with a stair tool that makes it easier to spot clean the steps of your staircase as well as a combination tool for dusting and crevice cleaning. These features, when strung together, show that the Dyson can make vacuuming a tad less cumbersome.
The Dyson Ball comes with washable filters. All you need to do is wash them under running water and air dry for around 24 hours.
This vacuum has a 5-year limited warranty from Dyson.
This vacuum has more than a hundred reviews online. More than half of all the ratings gave it the highest score. Here are summaries of some the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum reviews that grabbed our attention:
- Common Rave: One user pointed out that if you find so many people comparing what they have to a Dyson, it just means that the brand is one of the best out there. You pay for more because you are getting more. Some users said that they’ve owned cheaper vacuums that did a good job, but their experience with a Dyson is something else. It moves better, cleans better and lasts longer.
- Critical Comments: The vacuum is not for plush or high-pile carpets. The vacuum’s suction power is really good, but it doesn’t adjust well to plush or high-pile carpets. Since the suction of the vacuum is so strong, it can be hard to move the vacuum across the surface. Worse, it can ruin your carpet. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great suction. If there’s one thing we’re sure about, it’s that the Dyson Ball can suck well!
- Long cord. The power cord of the Dyson is long and gives you more mobility when cleaning large spaces. Tie this up with the easy release extension for the wand and you have great reach and coverage with this vacuum.
- The suction is too strong for plush carpets. As reported by several users, this vacuum does not do well with plush or high-pile carpets. The suction is powerful, and the vacuum can’t seem to adjust the height to regulate the power. The vacuum is great on bare floors and low-pile carpet, though.
- Not too many accessories and convenient features. Dyson vacuums are pricey. That said, we expect more than just a stair tool and a combination tool. They could’ve thrown in an automatic cord winder too. Oh, a performance indicator that tells you when to clean your filter could have been handy as well. It’s all wishful thinking with this vacuum since you’re getting none of them.
Should You Buy?
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum is powerful and has a good ergonomic design. Is it worth the price tag? We can’t say for sure. We have seen cheaper vacuums that perform well and these are more than half the price of the Dyson Ball Multi Floor. What stands out is the suction power but everything else isn’t flying off the page for us.
If you have the money to blow, we won’t stop you. But if purchasing a Dyson will put you in debt, perhaps you can just take a look at other cheaper vacuums in other categories.