Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum review: This affordable vacuum has great suction power, but it is noisy. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 4.2/5
Some vacuums can be quite expensive. It’s a challenge to find an affordable vacuum that can do a decent job in sucking out dirt and debris. If you have a tight budget and need something that’s not too fancy but efficient, we suggest that you take a look at the Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum (M084650RED). Scroll down to see what we learned about this vacuum and if we think it’s a steal.
Features of the Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus
The Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus has the following notable features:
- 7.0 amp motor
- Motorized Brushroll
- Stretch Hose
- Scuff Guard Nozzle
- Click-Lock Handle that lowers to 31 inches
- Automatic Height Adjustment
- 25-foot cord
- HEPA Filtration
The vacuum comes with the following accessories:
- Extension wand
- Dusting brush
- Crevice tool
- The dimensions of the vacuum are 10 x 11 x 43 inches.
- The vacuum is light, weighing 10.75 pounds.
- The vacuum’s cleaning path is 11 inches wide.
Bag and Cord Type
- This Dirt Devil is a bagless vacuum.
- The cord of this vacuum is 25 feet long. The cord is not too short, but it’s also not the longest we’ve seen in a vacuum. Some of the other vacuums we’ve featured on this site have 30-foot cords, like the Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional.
Cleaning Coverage and Capacity
The Dirt Devil Dynamite is capable of cleaning both bare floors and carpets. The vacuum has good suction power on both carpeted and bare floors. It can efficiently pick up dust and even bigger debris.
This vacuum is fitted with an auto-height adjuster that allows the vacuum to transition from bare floors to carpeted areas. If you want to compare this Dirt Devil to a vacuum with a manual height adjuster, you can check out our review of the Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind.
The vacuum can also be used to clean your stairs. Since the vacuum is light, you can easily lift the whole unit up and down the stairs. You can use the main vacuum unit or the hose to clean up the steps on your staircase.
To prolong its usable life, you should commit to the proper cleaning and maintenance of your vacuum. It is recommended that you empty the dirt container of your Dynamite after every use. If you are not finished vacuuming a room and the dirt container is already full, you must empty it before you continue. Every time you empty the dirt container, remove the filter and tap it against the side of a trash can to clean it.
This vacuum is covered by 1-year limited warranty on parts and motor.
This vacuum has more than a thousand reviews online. Around half of all the ratings gave it a perfect score. We read the Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus Bagless Upright Vacuum reviews and summarized some of the comments we think you should know about:
- Affordable. This vacuum is one of the less expensive options out there. Some say that the performance of this Dirt Devil is beyond what they expected from a vacuum with a budget friendly price.
- Great Suction Power. The ability of this vacuum to get the dirt out of your floor is pretty impressive, considering that you won’t have to pay an exorbitant amount for it.
Important Critical Reviews:
- The hose is short. Even if the hose has a flexible design, it’s hard to stretch it out as far as you would like it to reach. Vacuuming areas on your ceiling or the ceiling fan would be difficult since the hose does not stretch far enough.
- High-pitched noise. This vacuum is not a quiet one. The noise it emits is a high pitched sound that can be pretty annoying at first.
- Not ideal for big rooms/houses. The cleaning path of this vacuum is not the widest, so if you have a big space to clean, you might want to get something with a bigger capacity. The lack of reach of the hose and attachments will also make it difficult for you to clean higher ceilings. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Good compact design. We like that the parts of the vacuum store away nicely and has a designated place on the vacuum. The different locks, buttons and switches on the vacuum are easy to understand and use. All it takes is one push of a button to remove the canister—no need for complicated maneuvers. The handle of the vacuum is also adjustable so you can choose the height that is perfect for you. We also like that the crevice tool is stored inside the extension wand.
- Good suction power. This vacuum has powerful suction. You’ll see a good chunk of dirt inside the canister after running a few passes on a small area of a rug.
- It’s a bit loud. Don’t expect a soothing lullaby from this vacuum. The sound it emits is pretty loud. If you have sensitive ears, you might want some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones. If you’re okay with a little bit of rock and roll, the noise of this vacuum won’t be too much of a problem.
- Not enough reach. The attachments and the hose do not give you enough length to reach high spaces. This vacuum is not designed to function as a handheld or something similar to the Shark Lift-Away Pro vacuum so reaching those high places can be tricky.
Should You Buy?
We have to say … this vacuum is very affordable. If you are looking for something simple, easy to use and easy on the wallet, the Dirt Devil Dynamite Plus is a steal. The suction power is good, and it can do a good job in cleaning your floor. To help you decide what vacuum is best for you, you can check out our other reviews on budget vacuums.