Dirt Devil Breeze review: This UD70105 vacuum has great suction power for it’s affordable price, but it lacks in capacity and durability. Click here to read more …
|Our Rating: 3.4/5
Dirt Devil is a well-known vacuum brand. The vacuums by Dirt Devil have varying levels of success. The brand comes up with some of the more affordable vacuums, but not all performed well. Is the Dirt Devil Breeze Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum UD70105 one of the better performing products from Dirt Devil? Or is it a flop? Read the full review below to see what we think about this vacuum.
Features of the Dirt Devil Breeze UD70105
The Dirt Devil Breeze UD70105 has the following notable features:
- Cyclonic Technology
- 25-foot power cord
- Rinsable filter
- 10 amp motor
- Automatic height adjustment
The Dirt Devil Breeze has the following tools and attachments:
- Extension Wand
- Dusting Brush
- Crevice Tool
- The dimensions of the Breeze UD70105 are: 12.2 x 13 x 43.5 inches
- The weight of the vacuum is 10.4 pounds.
- The cleaning path of the vacuum is 13 inches.
Bag and Cord Type
- This vacuum does not require a bag.
- The power cord of the UD70105 is 25 feet long.
The Dirt Devil Breeze Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum can be used on different surfaces. You can use the vacuum on your carpet or bare floors. The vacuum has an auto-height adjustment feature. What does this mean? It means that the vacuum will adjust the distance between the head unit and the floor for optimized suction. Does this feature work as advertised? Read the Customer Reviews section to see what others are saying about the performance of this vacuum.
The vacuum comes with some accessories that can help you clean your home better. The crevice tool that comes with the vacuum helps you reach areas that are hard to clean. The dusting brush can be used on surfaces of your furniture such as shelves and tables. The dusting brush can also be used for curtains. An extension wand is a simple tool that extends your reach. It allows you to reach high spaces like the ceiling fan.
To learn more about this vacuum, watch this video from Dirt Devil.
Every time you use the vacuum, you should empty the dirt bin. To do this, all you need to do is press the release button on the dust cup handle. Remove the dirt container from the vacuum unit. Go to your trash bin and hold the dirt container over it. To empty the container, press the quick release button on the back of the dirt cup. Since it releases dirt from the bottom, you wouldn’t have to tip the container manually over yourself. This design avoids messy situations when cleaning the container.
It’s also important to clean the filters inside your vacuum. If you want to help your vacuum perform well, you should clean the foam and pleated filters in your Dirt Devil. The first thing you need to do is to remove the cartridge out of the vacuum. Next, remove the foam filter and pleated filter from the cartridge. Take the foam filter and tap it on the inside of a trash can. Let the excess dirt fall off. Do not wash this filter. After cleaning the foam filter, take the pleated filter. Hold the pleated filter under running water. Hold it there until the water runs clear. Make sure that you do not use soap or detergent. Just use water. Let the pleated filter dry for a day before you put it back inside the cartridge.
The Dirt Devil Breeze Vacuum has a 1-year limited warranty. Visit the Dirt Devil website or consult the merchant who sold the vacuum to you for more information on the warranty.
The UD70105 has hundreds of reviews from purchasers. We think it’s good to find out what other people are saying about the vacuums we review. To help you make your decision, we summarized some of the important points we read from the Dirt Devil Breeze reviews.
- Great power. The combination of the 10 amp motor and cyclonic technology seem to be working for this vacuum. It can suck up a lot of dirt, as noted by several reviews. In fact, it sucks up so much dirt that you would probably have to empty the dirt container several times when you clean a room.
- Lightweight. The vacuum is easy to carry. No one wants to use a heavy vacuum if they can help it.
Important Critical Reviews
- Small capacity. The dirt container of this vacuum is small. With that said, this vacuum is a good fit for a small space is probably the wrong vacuum for a bigger space. Why? The vacuum cleans well and sucks up a lot of dirt. Before you finish vacuuming one room, you would have to take a trip to the trashcan more than once. If you have a big home, you would want something with a bigger capacity so that you don’t have to keep on emptying a bin.
- Durability. The vacuum feels a bit cheap. Now, to be fair, you’re only paying a small amount for this vacuum. Compared to other vacuums with the same power and output, this is one of the most affordable options out there. Yes, the vacuum is plastic, and you can feel that it’s not built to withstand calamities. Hence, you should be a little bit more careful in handling your vacuum if you want it to last. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Lightweight. This vacuum is great for those who want a light vacuum. Do you have back problems? Are you physically unable to carry heavy objects? You should consider this vacuum.
- Great suction. Suction is not all about power. A big factor that goes into the cleaning power of a vacuum is how well the air circulates the vacuum. The Dirt Devil UD70105 seems to do a good job at picking up dirt.
- Not built to last. This vacuum is probably not the most durable out there. However, if you use it with caution and maintain it properly, we don’t see why the Dirt Devil Breeze UD70105 shouldn’t last a few years. If the vacuum lasts more than a few years, you’d be getting a lot for the really low price you paid for it.
Should You Buy?
This vacuum is one of the most affordable vacuums in its class. Despite the low price, this vacuum has great suction. Even some of those who didn’t give the vacuum a good review conceded that this vacuum can suck well. If you have a small apartment or home and need something you can use to tidy your floors, the Dirt Devil UD70105 Breeze Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum is an affordable choice. You probably need to use it with caution and maintain it well so that it will last more than a few months.
If you want to do more research, you compare the Dirt Devil Breeze UD70105 to other vacuums priced affordably that we’ve reviewed here.