Read our Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with One Pass review to see why “no husband required” is what you will feel after using this vacuum.
|Our Rating: 4.5/5
A good vacuum is a great investment. You have a special relationship with your vacuum cleaner—it’s the tool that’s going to help you keep your home spick and span. When you purchase a vacuum, you want to be able to buy one that can easily and efficiently clean your home. You would also want to buy one that can last you a long time.
That’s what we’re here to do—help you choose the best vacuum cleaner for you.
In this review, a rock star vacuum is under the spotlight. The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass Technology is one of the most loved vacuums out there. With an affordable price, the Bissell Clean View is a very popular choice for those who are looking to buy a vacuum cleaner.
Read on below to see what we found out about the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum and if we think the OnePass Technology is indeed worth the pass.
Features of the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with OnePass
The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum (Model 9595a) has the following notable features:
- Cyclonic System, which Bissell describes as “long-lasting, powerful suction”;
- Multi-Level Filtration, which works to help get rid of allergens;
- Washable Foam Tank Filter, which allows for easy maintenance;
- OnePass Technology, which makes use of a rotating special brush, allowing the vacuum to get more dirt from the carpet on the initial pass; and
- Bottom Easy Empty dirt tank that makes it easy to dump the dirt that the vacuum gathered.
The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum comes with the following accessories:
- 6 foot stretch hose
- Tube extension
- Dusting Brush
- TurboBrush which can be used on stairs, furniture, upholstery and other surfaces
- Crevice Tool
Power and Capacity
- The power rating of the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum is 12 amps.
- The dirt bin can hold up to 2.2 liters.
- The cleaning system used by this vacuum is Bissell’s Cyclonic Technology.
- The dimensions of the vacuum cleaner are: 14.6 x 10.8 x 31.5 inches
- The vacuum weighs 15.1 pounds. Some say that this is a bit heavy to carry up and down the stairs.
Bag and Cord Type
- This vacuum cleaner is bagless. The dirt goes straight to the dirt bin that you can empty easily.
- The vacuum comes with a 25”foot power cord. The cord has no auto-rewind features.
The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum was designed for multi-surface cleaning. You can use it on low-pile carpet, upholstery and stairs. The brush is great on carpet. The design and technology on the brush allow the Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum to clean efficiently. The OnePass technology claims that the brush can pick up dirt quickly so you won’t need to do too many passes in one area. The brush is also great for pet hair. The way the brush turns makes it easy to pick up any pet hair that is left on the floor.
Using this on a bare floor is quite tricky because the brush feature of the vacuum cannot be switched off. If you are trying to clean the floor, the brush has a tendency to push aside bigger debris (like food bits). So instead of cleaning the floor, this vacuum might scatter the mess. If you are trying to clean dust or fine dirt, the brush won’t cause a problem.
The Bissell Clean View Upright Vacuum is easy to care for and maintain.
- Bottom Easy Empty dirt tank. The dirt bin is easy to clean after you use the vacuum cleaner. One press of a button allows you to remove the dirt bin. Another press of a button opens the bottom of the tank. You just need to position the bin above your trash can and allow the contents to fall out of the bin.
- Washable foam filter. You can wash the vacuum’s filter with soap and allow it to air dry. Easy!
This vacuum has a two-year limited warranty from Bissell. The warranty is good considering that it spans two years instead of just one year.
The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum is one of the best selling upright vacuum cleaners. Thousands of customers give this vacuum cleaner a great review. The majority of the reviews gave the Bissell CleanView the highest mark. Only a small percentage of the aggregate reviews gave an average rating.
We think that the number of reviews and the rating score the vacuum received is impressive. We read the reviews and plucked the ones with significant information we think you should consider. To make things easier for you, we listed them below:
- Common Rave: The Bissell CleanView does the job, assembles easily and can be bought at an affordable price. There are many reviews that praise this vacuum for its easy assembly and for getting the job done. There are some reviews that were updated more than two years after the original posting and they state that the vacuum still works well.
- Important Critical Review: There might be an engineering flaw in the belt of the vacuum. More than one person has pointed out that the vacuum belt slips off easily. One review also mentioned that the vacuum stopped working after two months because the motor was overheating. The user took the vacuum apart and found that there is a design flaw with the belt that caused the motor to heat up. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great price point. The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum is one of the most budget friendly vacuum cleaners. It is one of the best value-for-money vacuums out there.
- Easy to assemble. One user review said “no husband required” and we agree. You don’t need special tools to put it together. The instructions are easy to follow, and you’ll be vacuuming away within minutes from opening the package.
- Cleans the carpet well. It sucks up dirt well and does what it needs to do. Many user reviews can attest to this. We want something that works and does what it says it can do.
- You can’t switch off the brush. To clean bits and pieces of food or other debris from a bare floor, you might need to use a hand vacuum instead.
- It does not have a cord winding system. We think that this Bissell vacuum would be better off with a cord winding system. A mechanism that can help you put away 25-feet of cord would be a great convenience.
Should You Buy?
The Bissell CleanView Upright Vacuum with One Pass is a popular choice for a reason. It’s cheap, and it works well. If you have a small to moderate-sized home and have a bunch of carpet surface to clean, we recommend this vacuum. It cleans the carpet well enough and is available to you for purchase at a good price.
If your home has mostly hardwood floors, this vacuum might not be the best option for you. The brush does not stop rotating, and it can scatter the debris you are trying to clean up.