Bissell CleanView 1330 reviews: This vacuum has enough power to match more powerful expensive ones but it has no automatic cord rewind. Read more here …
|Our Rating: 4.5
The Bissell CleanView 1330 is the newer version of the CleanView 9595 model. According to Bissell, other than the aesthetic differences, the two units differ only in the brush roll: The 1330 has a new brush roll design using an update of the OnePass Technology. Bissell claims that the new brush roll in the 1330 should help in better pick up on multiple floor types. Let’s see how the Bissell Cleanview 1330 vs 9595 scores.
Features of the Bissell CleanView 1330
The Bissell CleanView 1330 has the following notable features:
- OnePass Technology
- Multi-filtration system
- 25-foot power cord
- Bottom Easy Empty Dirt Tank
- Washable Foam Tank Filter
- 5-height adjuster
The CleanView 1330 comes with the following accessories:
- Twist and snap hose
- 11-inch Extension Wand
- Crevice Tool
- TurboBrush–a handy attachment you can use on stairs, furniture, upholstery and other surfaces
- Dusting Brush/Upholstery Tool
- The dimensions of the 1330 are: 12.5 x 13.5 x 44 inches
- The 1330 weighs 15.5 pounds, slightly heavier than the older 9595 model.
- The cleaning path width is 13.5 inches.
Bag and Cord Type
- The Bissell 1330 does not need a bag. The vacuum has a dirt tank and pre-motor filter.
- The Bissell CleanView has a 25”foot power cord. The cord has no auto-rewind features.
The CleanView is designed for multi-surface cleaning. It can be used for bare floors, stairs, carpet, and upholstery.
The dirt cup of this vacuum can hold up to 2.0 liters of dirt. The 9595 model had a larger container that could handle up to 2.27 liters of dirt.
The 1330 and the 9595 models are very similar. Aside from the difference in how it looks, the main upgrade in the 1330 is the brush roll. Bissell upgraded their OnePass Technology and installed a new brush roll design for better pick-up on multiple surfaces.
The Bissell 1330 vacuum also has a 5-height adjustment knob that allows you to choose the proper height setting for the type of surface you will clean. The lowest height setting is meant for bare floors and low pile carpets. Bissell recommends choosing the next height setting if you are cleaning bare floors but need to pick up some debris and not just dust. The highest setting is designed for high pile carpets. If you find that the vacuum is hard to push, you might be operating at a low setting. Simply switch to the next height setting and see if pushing the vacuum is easier. Like the older 9595 model, the CleanView 1330 does not have a switch to turn off the brush roll when you are vacuuming bare floors.
The accessories that come with the CleanView 1330 allow users to perform enhanced targeted cleaning. The TurboBrush is our favorite attachment. The TurboBrush has a rotating brush that makes it easier to lift debris and pet hair. Since the standard vacuum head with brush roll is not suitable for use on areas like the stairs, your furniture, and other hard-to-reach areas, the TurboBrush can substitute.
Like the 9595 model, the CleanView 1330 is easy to maintain. For optimal performance and to make your vacuum stay powerful, it is advisable that you empty the dirt tank every after use. If the dirt reaches the “FULL” line of the tank, empty it out even if you are not done vacuuming an area yet.
The vacuum has two filters that you need to monitor. Bissell recommends that you check the pre-motor filter at least once a month. The pre-motor filter can be washed if it is already too dirty. Make sure that you air-dry the pre-motor filter for one day before installing in the vacuum again. The post-motor filter should be replaced every three to six months. The post-motor filter cannot be washed. If it gets dusty, simply tap the filter on the side of a garbage bin. If it is too dusty, you might need to replace it already.
This vacuum has a two-year limited warranty from Bissell.
This vacuum has a couple of hundred reviews. More than half of all the reviews gave this vacuum a great rating. We know that it is important to find out what actual users are saying about the product you intend to buy. We skimmed the Bissell Cleanview 1330 reviews and summarized some of the comments that we think you should know about:
- Common Rave: The Bissell is affordable, efficient and durable. Some users even compare it to a more expensive Dyson vacuum and say that the CleanView 1330 can go toe-to-toe with it. The CleanView 1330 can clean very well and has impressive power considering that you are paying a friendly price for it. The filters of this vacuum are also very affordable and replacing them would not be too costly.
- Critical Comments: There were a few reviews that complained about the height adjuster of the vacuum. Some say that the height adjuster does not work. We’re not sure if they got a defective unit. One user did point out that the height adjuster will not work if the handle is on locked vertical position. (Read more customer reviews here)
- Great price point. This Bissell vacuum is very affordable. You won’t have to rob a bank to purchase one. If you need something simple and something affordable, this vacuum is a good choice.
- Performs well. The suction on this thing is great! It can clean well. Considering that the affordable has a low price point, the 1330 is a steal.
- You can’t switch off the brush. Like the 9595, the brush on the 1330 cannot be switched off. When cleaning bare floors, it’s better to have the vacuum operate on suction-only mode. Hopefully, the next update to the CleanView 1330 will address this problem.
- No automatic cord rewind. It’s not a big deal, but an automatic winder is convenient to have.
Should You Buy?
Our verdict? For the price and performance of the Bissell CleanView 1330, we think that it is a good buy. The vacuum is simple and easy to use. More importantly, the vacuum is powerful and does a great job in cleaning your floor. Hopefully, no major design or technical issues surface in the future. We know that not all families can afford a fancy vacuum which is why we love to see more affordable vacuums such as the CleanView 1330 to do well.